Gaming Reinvented (now running a writing contest)

cheat_master30

Fanatic
What is the name of your forum/website?: Gaming Reinvented

Description of your forum's topic?: Gaming, as can be seen pretty quickly.

What is the URL?: https://gamingreinvented.com/forum

Date of launch?: December 2015

Oh, you mean the launch of the current, beta version? Okay then, about May 20th 2015

What software do you use for this forum?: XenForo

Additional details about your forum you might want to add:

This is part of a large gaming site project that's currently under development and will include things like news, reviews, interviews and exclusive articles among other things. It's also an attempt to make a more minimalistic looking gaming site rather than the 'busy' looking types that seem to be the default.

Despite what's there so far, the site hasn't officially been finished or launched yet. We're still working on the following features, among others:

1. A games database, where inclusion is based on meritocratic purposes rather than merely budget (too many games sites treat 'professional' games that no one buys like tie ins as more important than indie, fan made or smartphone games).

2. A video hosting system, for gaming related videos.

3. A project hosting system that ties into the games database and uses Git.

4. Various systems that haven't yet been decided on.

cheat_master30

Fanatic
Old, but thanks for the new fan work icon. Should come in handy!

On another note, if anyone wants to help out the site, we're still looking!

cheat_master30

Fanatic
Are you looking to create something like IGN.com

Kind of. Future plans involve our own advertising network and video hosting, because I'm sick of large companies trying to monopolise this space.

I do not work for fat cats. Nor should other gaming sites and writers.

JadeBlade

Adherent
Kind of. Future plans involve our own advertising network and video hosting, because I'm sick of large companies trying to monopolise this space.

I do not work for fat cats. Nor should other gaming sites and writers.

Keep me posted on updates. If you need help, I want to help.

cheat_master30

Fanatic
Okay, some minor updates:

Got more than 100 users, which is a start.

Still looking for help for things like tech and writing, if anyone is interested.

cheat_master30

Fanatic
Thanks! We're still looking for new members and contributors, if anyone is interested!

cheat_master30

Fanatic
Well, I've got a few other projects on the go and all that stuff, but I hope to get this site going again soon. Just need some help with XenWord and Wordpress add on stuff.

Anyone interested?

cheat_master30

Fanatic
So yeah, the site is still going. The user submitted content and subscription systems will be up within the week, hopefully.

Other than that, it's a nice, pleasant community that I hope a few more people will join!

Tagobs

Aspirant
That looks really neat, and quite an impressing post count you've gotten in a short time! Keep up the good work. :)