Gaming Forums - JoyFreak.com

l3ta

Participant
All that hard work is paying off. If it is gaming-related, there you are lol. Would you be willing to sell JF for the right offer, or nah?

JoyFreak1

Participant
All that hard work is paying off. If it is gaming-related, there you are lol. Would you be willing to sell JF for the right offer, or nah?
Hi l3ta . Thank you for your compliments! I honestly enjoy what I do and I don't think any kind of money would interest me to give that all up.

JoyFreak1

Participant
It excites me to announce our new landing page called Home. Some of you may already have noticed the change from the past couple of days but things have been updated since and I wanted to share with you some useful features this page offers.

Firstly, we have "Latest activity". This widget usually picks up all the latest user activity, every 15 seconds, without having to refresh the page. The widget polls for new content even when the page is out of focus, meaning you can browse your favourite websites in other tabs and still receive updates! This works on all devices including mobile.

latest.png

Secondly, we have "Gaming Forum" and "General Forum". Now these two widgets also poll for new content from the Gaming node and General node every few seconds as described above. As a member, you get the option to set the record limit via the Settings (cog icon) tab and can be done individually.

gaming-general.png

Below that, we have the "Latest News" widget. This one does not poll for live content as I create news on a day to day basis and will not be required. But my most favourite part of this feature is you can select your desired platform news via the tabs. The best part is, even when you refresh, you will still remain on the selected tab, meaning you can follow desired news all the time. There may be more choices and tabs in the near future.

news.png

Lastly, we have two new sidebar widgets we hope our users will find useful. One is "Hottest threads" which is ordered by replies, views and reaction score. This widget should hopefully give threads the recognition for their popularity based on the criteria mentioned. The other is "Overall top posters", again, we wanted to recognise those who show support to the forum by being our active members. I will also be introducing a new tab for "Monthly top posters" later in the week. These two widgets do not offer live content.

hottest.pngtop posters.png

The homepage also polls for updated alert/conversation counts.

So that is all for the time being. This should encourage more activity, in the hope that our members find it useful.

Our previous landing page was the forums which can still be accessed as normal here: https://www.joyfreak.com/forums/

Tell us what you think? What are you most excited about? Do you have any suggestions that you would like to see that would benefit all members? We would love to hear them!

Last edited:

JoyFreak1

Participant
JoyFreak.png

Taylor J

Fan
Just out of curiosity, how did you come to achieve these quotes?
I'm glad I refreshed the page before replying to this thread lmao because we were thinking the same exact thing.

Not trying to be mean but if I were a visitor to find the forum and saw those quotes and the current state of the forum I'd go back to gamefaq's or ign.

DaveL

Habitué
I'm glad I refreshed the page before replying to this thread lmao because we were thinking the same exact thing.

Not trying to be mean but if I were a visitor to find the forum and saw those quotes and the current state of the forum I'd go back to gamefaq's or ign.
I'm glad it's not just me then. I find these kind of things to be the first to make me navigate away unless they can be backed up - Which i'm hoping JoyFreak1 can.
In regards to the breaking news, do you have insiders within the gaming industry that give you the latest news first?

l3ta

Participant
In defense of joy, it is true that his forum is #1 on some branch of the multiverse. :einstein:

JoyFreak1

Participant

I'm glad it's not just me then. I find these kind of things to be the first to make me navigate away unless they can be backed up - Which i'm hoping JoyFreak1 can.
In regards to the breaking news, do you have insiders within the gaming industry that give you the latest news first?
I wouldn't expect anything more from a webmasters site. The thread/post was only to showcase the theme/design/structure/layout. But thank you for your feedback anyway.

DaveL

Habitué
I wouldn't expect anything more from a webmasters site. The thread/post was only to showcase the theme/design/structure/layout. But thank you for your feedback anyway.
So no response to those claims then?
Well I don't think anyone would bother to sign up to your site and question it! Yes you will get called out on it when posting on a webmasters site. Also this thread it states is for disucssion of your site.
You're being completly dishonest with those claims on your forum. If your site is "The Worlds Number 1 Gaming Forum" and "Internets Top Video Gaming Forum", then what are these sites?

and many many more.

Im positive your integrity has been called out before in regards to a copied theme, however everything got removed about that. I can see you have changed your site recently, however your v3 looked very similar to neogaf.