FTP Client for Mac OS?

tokyoice

Adherent
Hey all,

I've been using Fetch FTP (fetchsoftworks.com) since around 06, 07 - I love it - works like a treat. Unfortunately, it is now starting to run a little bit slow, and every time I open, I receive an error stating that the software is not optimised for the Mac. Also, I read somewhere that they're not going to support it going forward, so I now need to make the move..

Is there any recommendations from you for a great FTP client for Mac OS? I don't mind paying for a license, as I paid for Fetch back in the day.

zappaDPJ

Administrator
Anyone installing FileZilla as a new installation should be aware that the monetised installer comes loaded with multiple unsigned executables from unknown companies. If you still want to proceed with an installation you should ensure that the downloaded file does not contain 'bundled' in the file name. You should also be aware that FileZilla is not recommended for use on enterprise systems by security researchers.

southernlady

Devotee
I never got comfortable with a Mac FTP client. We always kept one PC in the house due to software that wasn't Mac compatible (my FTP, dh's cpap software, and my Graphics Editor. So I've always used WinScp. But it isn't for a Mac.

we_are_borg

Administrator
I never got comfortable with a Mac FTP client. We always kept one PC in the house due to software that wasn't Mac compatible (my FTP, dh's cpap software, and my Graphics Editor. So I've always used WinScp. But it isn't for a Mac.
Did you try Transmit for the Mac? If not you can try it for free.

tokyoice

Adherent
Thanks so much guys - Transmit looks pretty sweet! I'm going to download the trial and give it a go! :)

\o/

an oddity
Doesn't macOS already come with a full-featured FTP client (the "ftp" command)?

overcast

Adherent
As mentioned in previous posts. I think filezilla should work just fine.

MTT

Aspirant
Anyone else had troubles with FileZilla since they installed MacOS Catalina? I tried to re install it but when I start it the software loads endless .-.