FrostBite - A Social Network for Artists

JadeBlade

Adherent
What is the name of your forum/website?: FrostBite

Description of your forum's topic?: This is a social network for artists, and a place for them to share their work

What is the URL?: http://frostbite.xyz

Date of launch?: August 27th, 2015

What software do you use for this forum?: Social Engine updated with custom addons.

Additional details about your forum you might want to add: I want people on here who love to create anything. It doesn't have to be just traditional art. If you create something, you belong here.

LeadCrow

Apocalypse Admin
A bit bare so far, so I'm not getting a clear idea of the facilities available, planned and a final look accomodating the corresponding vision.
Maybe you should seed it with some content from early participants (better yet, before going live to mitigate the risk of a passive response among initial opinions).

It's been a while I've seen sites using SocialEngine. Anything special caught your attention in this script ?

JadeBlade

Adherent
A bit bare so far, so I'm not getting a clear idea of the facilities available, planned and a final look accomodating the corresponding vision.
Maybe you should seed it with some content from early participants (better yet, before going live to mitigate the risk of a passive response among initial opinions).

It's been a while I've seen sites using SocialEngine. Anything special caught your attention in this script ?

It was actually rather horrible and had to update it to be useful.

Although I do like the idea of having a social network project rather than another forum. You are right about the content. The idea is to have this like an offline art group, but as an online entity. We don't have friend to friend connections we want friend to site.

I hope this helps, but thanks for the information.

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Kween of Hearts ⚧
A bit bare so far, so I'm not getting a clear idea of the facilities available...
TBH JadeBlade - Couldn't have said it better than Cal above. This was my first impression: What is it? What is frostbite??... AND... OMG. Did I just type a dot.xyz?
I'm not sure about all these new domain suffixes. But honestly - when I clicked on frostbite.xyz .... I thought there'd be more. Something cold. Something (perhaps) that you can't write home to Mama about because it's so sensational; so on the precipice of new-age-new that it has yet to hit the masses.

I must say - I'm confused by the entire site. It seems that there is no thought process that's gone into its creation.
I'm sorry - but it seems a domain without purpose. And that ain't necessarily good. I'd suggest that you find a purpose for that - or folks will zzzzzzzz :sleep: - no need for the x and/or y.

J.

JadeBlade

Adherent
TBH JadeBlade - Couldn't have said it better than Cal above. This was my first impression: What is it? What is frostbite??... AND... OMG. Did I just type a dot.xyz?
I'm not sure about all these new domain suffixes. But honestly - when I clicked on frostbite.xyz .... I thought there'd be more. Something cold. Something (perhaps) that you can't write home to Mama about because it's so sensational; so on the precipice of new-age-new that it has yet to hit the masses.

I must say - I'm confused by the entire site. It seems that there is no thought process that's gone into its creation.
I'm sorry - but it seems a domain without purpose. And that ain't necessarily good. I'd suggest that you find a purpose for that - or folks will zzzzzzzz :sleep: - no need for the x and/or y.

J.

Thanks for the reply J.

To be honest I have some great ideas but the landing page is very lack luster.

Come a month I'm sure even you will be using it.