Free Website Builder

Giant

Adherent
Has anyone here used a Free Website Builder before such as Wix, WordPress, Webs and more.
If so what did you think of it, would you use it again or do you still use it currently?

Klaatu

Fan
I used Blogger a lot in my early affiliate marketing days and later HubPages. I tried Wix out of curiosity and it's very nice actually, but I prefer having full control of my sites, so I always use WP for any new projects.

zappaDPJ

I use WordPress a lot and I would recommend it. It's relatively simple to use but potentially very powerful. A huge plus point is you can usually Google a solution for any issues that might occur.

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Kween of Hearts ⚧
Another WordPress fan here.
It's a truly awesome script with a myriad of plugins (both free & premium) to accomplish most functionality any website would need.

J.

Leafy

Aspirant
I've used Blogger a lot in the past but made the switch to self hosted Wordpress for my main blog a few years ago. Very easy to set up & customise with only minimal programming knowledge.

Indianparents

Enthusiast
I am using self hosted wordpress for my articles (link in signature). It is easy to use and customize.

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Kween of Hearts ⚧
Are you guys talking about the self hosted WordPress or the free hosting WordPress website? - www.wordpress.com
I thought that may be a consideration to the question you've posed as for 'free website builder' ...
Me personally - I'm speaking of self-hosted WP sites...

J.

Giant

Adherent
Never been a blog fan.
WordPress self-hosted does seem best bet though have your own plugins, themes etc.

Maybe one day I'll install WordPress for the fun of it mess around with themes and plugins.

PeterH

Participant
The primary concern with WordPress is that a lot of tools/plugins may not be built by good developers. Using a poorly built plugin may slow down your website performance, cause conflicts or worst, crash your website.
With Wix, everything is tested and controlled by their private development team to ensure quality, and they also have good, centralized support functions.

selfdecagon

Neophyte
Has anyone here used a Free Website Builder before such as Wix, WordPress, Webs and more.
If so what did you think of it, would you use it again or do you still use it currently?
I am a newbie blogger and I am using webnode. So far, so good.

kevt5

Neophyte
I know only Wix and Weebly but I guess there are a lot of them. But even if you use free website builders you should buy a domain and sometimes specific themes for your website. so it isn't that cheap. Maybe WordPress is better, but I think simple landing page from scratch is the best option. But again it depends on the purpose and your resources.

Maddox

Habitué
Like everything in life, you get what you pay for - or not if it's free, but there's always a catch when the word 'free' is used. If you're a total website noob when it comes to building, how much time will you waste learning the system?

As for WordPress, I've used it, ditched it, used it, ditched it - for some reason I just don't feel comfortable with it. It can be blazingly fast, or snail slow; this can happen because of your hosting package, the plugins used, or even just randomly. I've built sites for two clients using WP using the same host, same package and same WP setup - one was like a rocket, the other was like a comatose snail.

I've seen a past client of mine trying Wix and what a mess lol. If anyone looks at that site on mobile device they need to be patient as the page will just scroll on and on and on and on - ad-infinitum.

If you want to build a free dynamic website try WP it has some good points, but it's a bit too random for my liking;plus point it's free. If you want a really good static website that has content that won't go stale quickly, get a website developer/designer to do a proper job and give you exactly what you want; downside, it will cost you, but that will most likely be money well spent and you won't have any of the headaches of having to learning a system.

;)

uhtred

Aspirant
I like website builders. I'm not a programming expert nor a coder so I don't really know how to create a website but using a website builder has made it easier for me. My personal favorite is the hPage website builder because of its business features. I was able to create a free website with hPage at first just to test out the waters and I eventually upgraded once I got the hang of their platform.

A website builder is also great because they already have everything set up for me, such as the domain registration, getting a custom email address, and integrated features among others.

HenryZ

Aspirant
I had a couple of my websites made in weebly. It is easy, free and fun making websites in Weebly.

southernlady

Devotee
I made the effort to learn to code years and years ago. Long before Wix, Weebly, etc.
My favorite way to code is to use Notepad. Unfortunately the best version of Notepad for that has been replaced. Another was a html editor that has long since disappeared.