Resource icon

Free Photoshop, Illustrator, 3DMax, Flash alternatives

meetdilip

Tazmanian Master
meetdilip submitted a new resource:

Free Photoshop, Illustrator, 3DMax, Flash alternatives - Free Photoshop, Illustrator, 3DMax, Flash alternatives

Not sure if you guys are aware of, there are very good free replacements for Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Flash.

Photoshop - GIMP

Illustrator - Inkscape

3Dmax - Blender

Adobe Flash - Synfig Studio

These are free and open source and is enough for normal use. Give them a try.

It would be nice to share Graphics resources here for above...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited by a moderator:

Phillip

The Priest
I'm going to have to try Blender. It looks good and easy to use, I hope my computer let's me use it.

Thanks for the share, Dilip. :)

LeadCrow

Apocalypse Admin
I'm picking up Krita more as an alternative to GIMP lately. Site @ http://krita.org

A good option for comic-ers particularly, with layers, 'macros', automation, lots of brushes, blackjack and hoolahoop dancers. Should be easier to handle than GIMP, feels more like Photoshop.

QLeDFsy.png

meetdilip

Tazmanian Master
Thanks guys. Blender is good, you can go to Blendswap.com to get editable examples. There are lot of resources for Blender (thankfully). Simply Google Blender Resources.

It also supports opening and saving 3dstudiomax format. So does GIMP for .psd and Inkscape for .eps, .svg etc.

PS : Please do post here if you find any good ones. I hope we can make a Blender community here.

meetdilip

Tazmanian Master
I'm picking up Krita more as an alternative to GIMP lately. Site @ http://krita.org

A good option for comic-ers particularly, with layers, 'macros', automation, lots of brushes, blackjack and hoolahoop dancers. Should be easier to handle than GIMP, feels more like Photoshop.

QLeDFsy.png

Might have used this before. Interface looks very familiar. The reason why I stick with GIMP is that there are lot of resource in form of patterns, gradients, brushes etc.

meetdilip

Tazmanian Master
Looks nice. It seems to be for industrial use mainly. Nice find by the way :gogo:

PS : Paid :(

eva2000

Habitué
Not sure if you guys are aware of, there are very good free replacements for Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Flash.

Photoshop - GIMP

Illustrator - Inkscape

3Dmax - Blender

These are free and open source and is enough for normal use. Give them a try.

It would be nice to share Graphics resources here for above mentioned or similar FOSS alternatives. Thanks. :superman:

You use Blender ? Might pick your brains whenever I have time to revisit Blender :D

tried GIMP didn't like it that much

But love SketchUP brought me back to my younger kid days when I use waste heaps of paper drawing all sorts of stuff. SketchUP = no need to waste paper :D

Found Blender a year or so back, played with it but haven't touched it or SketchUP in ages.

Some very old stuff I did 4+ years ago was first time i used SketchUP - you can tell as the lighting ain't perfect heh :)

Full Album http://imgur.com/a/zivgk#0

ai.imgur.com_iGpp2ro.png

ai.imgur.com_Wpqx9cD.jpg

ai.imgur.com_GuOv06K.png

ai.imgur.com_kG3yjWh.jpg

ai.imgur.com_gm8fmhr.jpg

Last edited:

eva2000

Habitué
thanks.. yup SketchUP massively reduces the learning curve so even beginners can get into it quickly :)