FPS247 - FPS community Discussions

OUTL4W

<style>OUTL4W GFX</style> :p
OUTL4W submitted a new Showcase Item:

FPS247

FPS24/7 formerly CoD24/7 is the number one hangout place for fans of First Person Shooters. With over 1 MILLION posts, FPS24/7 is a great place for all FPS fans to come and discuss their favourite shooters.

We have the latest news and reviews for today's First Person Shooters and the Shooters of yester-year we grew up loving. We have a strong community that love to chat, so if you're an FPS player then this is the place for you! All are welcomed...after all we are a community.

we have many features such as:
  • Custom Ranks/Trophies
  • Font Awesome Icons
  • Rank Up notifications based on Quality posts
  • shoutbox
  • Wordpress style theme switcher - pick your pattern/image for BG. or use your own!
  • Multiple User upgrades purchased with forum "Fbux"...more coming soon
  • Live Streams
  • Arcade / html5 Atari arcade
  • Advert FREE!
  • Media section to highlight your online achievements or to promote your channel.
  • quick access to XBL, PSN, & Steam status pages
  • Member of the Month Rewards

Most of our members are 30 - late 50's so don't be thinking you're too old to sign up.

Custom theme is the default Xenforo theme with over 300 template edits by me to replicate our original site. There are still changes needed such as forum layout, more trophies, YT channel, FB and Twitter pages obviously but this is just a preview.
Read more about this showcase item here...

Maxxamillion

Gaming Geek
I did actually check out your site the other day to see how it was doing with the decline of cod in the last few years, nice to see you have moved on from just cod. I recall visiting this site before I even had mine when I use to run a cod clan. :D

OUTL4W

Have most of the work done...just a few minor issues yet. Really not advisable to name a site after a particular game/franchise anymore with the importance now directed at content. Working on that as well. But it's still a great community with established member base....and extremely friendly If wanting to look for people to game with either on console or pc.

OUTL4W

Having a PS4 Black Ops 3 FFA Tourney for a $50 psn card.

BioWarfare

The uphill battle
Gonna assume it will be due to the downfall of cod in recent years
Oh ok. I was curious to know if it was a copyright issue or something similar. The change to FPS247 has both its negatives and positives. Now it has to compete with so many other general gaming forums, although with a base already that size I'm sure OUTL4W can handle it.

OUTL4W

Oh ok. I was curious to know if it was a copyright issue or something similar. The change to FPS247 has both its negatives and positives. Now it has to compete with so many other general gaming forums, although with a base already that size I'm sure OUTL4W can handle it.
No...no copyright issue...just wanted to vear away from the specific game franchise genre...that is becoming stale and focus on a specific gaming genre instead that yes is already a very popular niche.

BioWarfare

The uphill battle
No...no copyright issue...just wanted to vear away from the specific game franchise genre...that is becoming stale and focus on a specific gaming genre instead that yes is already a very popular niche.
Do you have any plans if the next CoD isn't a futuristic bizarre shooter, like a modern or past setting that could revive interest in the series?

OUTL4W

Rumors are it will be space themed. No thanks. Not with the likes of battalion 1944 which looks promising. And besides I'll prolly end up buying black ops 1&2 on the xbone once released.

OUTL4W

our CotM (Clip of the Month) contest is now underway.....we've had a few changes across the forum. We now use Pixel Exits great XenBase theme from Steve & Russ for the default skin.

OUTL4W

If you continue to suffer from F.P.S.A.D. we are here to help...24/7. No co-pay required...heck...no insurance required. Just come talk to other individuals who suffer from this terrible affliction. We will help each other through these tough trials and tribulations that is BF1, Infinite Warfare, Destiny, Overwatch, Battlefront, Blops3, No Man's sky, Ghost Recon, Titanfall2...etc...etc.

OUTL4W

We now have a light theme for those that prefer it. Just hit the toggle button in the far right of the NavBar.
style_chooser.gif

..and as usual thanks to Steve and Russ for the great support.

Last edited:

BioWarfare

The uphill battle
Congrats on 1.1m posts! I've seen FPS247/CoD247 around on TAZ every so often but that dark Black Ops 3 style really didn't fare well with my liking and it was kind of hard to read the site and navigate. I like the new light style, however! :)

Keep up the great work!

Last edited:

OUTL4W

lost contact with the owner and now the site is no longer live. Emailed owner multiple times to try and even buy the DB with 1mil posts in order to merge it with my small gaming clan forum but with no response. šŸ¤¬ really P%$$&$ me off...all that work.

Now I'm dusting off the shelves of my small clan forum created back in 2007 and took the plunge to xF2. A LOT of re-organizing to do. Will be changing site name in the coming weeks along with other improvements...

Last edited:

sub_ubi

Aspirant
I have access to a few people search engines, I could try to find the owner's phone # for you. PM me.

Nabix

lost contact with the owner and now the site is no longer live. Emailed owner multiple times to try and even buy the DB with 1mil posts in order to merge it with my small gaming clan forum but with no response. šŸ¤¬ really P%$$&$ me off...all that work.

Now I'm dusting off the shelves of my small clan forum created back in 2007 and took the plunge to xF2. A LOT of re-organizing to do. Will be changing site name in the coming weeks along with other improvements...
Sorry to hear that. Amazing how people end up building something up so high, all to just let it go for nothing.