Forumotion- too popular?

Sim

Fan
I have always given thought about doing something like Forumotion.. ;]

Pebbles

Aspirant
for those who are noob and want something free... most people dont want to or dont know how to create a forum any other way but on a free forum website
why its perhaps more popular than proboards, heck knows
i find proboards obviousy way better​

Maxxamillion

Gaming Geek
I disagree with your statement of that lazy people use it. You are all looking at it from the wrong angle, you are lookin at it from an admin point of view not someone who has just peaked an interest in website building or owing a forum. I used it for running a clan site for over 3years. It was great we had over 25k posts and it was an active fun community which many contributed towards. It is so much easier with forumotion in terms of setup and support. They offer free design help, a ton of free themes and it is honestly a god send regardless of if it is a little dated. They grew me into wanting to run my own site, I learnt a ton of news things in terms of forum layouts how to customise things and the basic html stuff. It really is a great place to start your forum building knowledge before moving on. Take my hat off to forumotion. Only downside I found was that domain wasn't transferable and no access to the databases

symone

Aspirant
I've had a horrible experience with Forumotion. Especially their Support. FS is trash to me.

gog1970

Enthusiast
I suggest that you should pay some money to afford your site and make it better.
I agree better to have the control over your site,we have provided a small part of our server for admins that wish to start their own website,once it takes off they are free to take it and host it where ever they wish

GTB

Tazmanian
I find proboards obviousy way better

Take note of the ProBoards forum usage policy though, not sure how strict they keep with this one. But it says if you don't make use of the forum posting they'll close it down. So if you start a ProBoards they kind of expect you to make regular use of posting on it... or you risk it being closed through lack of use. Not good if lets say you spent 3 months adding topics and then took a break for 3 months posting nothing. You might come back and find it gone.