Resource icon

vBulletin Forum/Thread Blurbs 1.5.1

No permission to download

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
MarkFL submitted a new resource:

Forum/Thread Blurbs - Allows you to define blurbs (a block of information) on a per thread/forum basis.

Overview:

This product allows you to define blurbs (a block of information) on a per thread/forum basis. BBCodes are allowed in the text, and support is added for my BBCodes that require extra processing, which include:

• Abbreviations/Acronyms (MathJax Compatible)
  • [BBCode For Username HTML Markup

You can select whether you want the blurbs to appear above the threads/posts or below the threads/posts. The blurbs appear in a collapsible element....

Read more about this resource...

Stratos

Participant
Is there a way to put an option, that will define the language id.
I have blurbs in my language, when user selects English language i want him to read English text

Now it is:
*forumid, ..., forumidn | excluded usergroup1, ..., excluded usergroupn | blurb

some how like this?
*forumid, ..., forumidn | excluded usergroup1, ..., excluded usergroupn | language id | blurb

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Tested, works fine Mark, thank you so much :tup:

You know, this right here, the fact that you always promptly let me know if something works or not, makes it a joy to provide support for your requests. I always breathe a sigh of relief when someone confirms that the update works for them, and especially in this case since I don't have a test site with multiple languages installed.

Over the years, you have made a great number of really good insightful requests that ultimately make my products more useful, and for this I am truly grateful. :tup:

Stratos

Participant
I understand what you mean, but I consider it as the minimum obligation to inform someone who devotes his time (even unfairly.)
Truly grateful i must be and not you. :) Thank you any way for you kindness and the effort you giving to us.

Stratos

Participant
Hi Mark, I could not understand why members broke some little rules I had written in blurbs.
Today I realized if some one logs out an logs in again, blurbs do not show up. It shows up only if I change forum language.

So...
- log out - log in = no blurbs (default language GR)
- change forum language to English - I see blurbs.
- change back forum language to default(GR) - I than see blurbs to.

Hope given you to understand. :)
Thank you

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Try adding a language id of zero to the default language blurbs (as defined in the settings). :)

Stratos

Participant
My default language id is "2"
English is "1"
When I put "0" in my default, I do not see blurbs at all, either I make the change as I say above.
If I understood well what you ask me to do :)

*165|1,4,3,8|2| Text in my language
*165|1,4,3,8|1| Text in English

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Try this:

*165|1,4,3,8|0,2| Text in my language
*165|1,4,3,8|1| Text in English

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
When a user doesn't explicitly choose a language, and the default is used, the value of zero is stored in their userinfo array for their languageid. :)

Stratos

Participant
Ok I got it now :)

Some thing last, I do not remember if I have mentioned this issue, but as I see I have it in my temp text :)
Image1.jpg

When I choose "Blurbs By Thread Position" Below Posts.
As you see Reply button is not in good position in all my skins. I can not see what happens in my default skin.
Is there some where to make a change?

If I disable mod, button goes up in correct position.
Image2.jpg

Thank you Mark.

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
It may be that your custom styles have templates that cannot be correctly auto-edited, as they may differ too much from the default. There's really no way for me to account for that beforehand. :)

Stratos

Participant
This happens only to members, Admins and Moderators have the button "Moderator tools" at the right side, assume that's why
to us is ok. but for members is the issue. Just now I saw that this happens in vb default untouchable skin to.
When ever you remember take look to your site as a member :)

Thank you very much.

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
This happens only to members, Admins and Moderators have the button "Moderator tools" at the right side, assume that's why
to us is ok. but for members is the issue. Just now I saw that this happens in vb default untouchable skin to.
When ever you remember take look to your site as a member :)

Thank you very much.

Yes, I have some other things going on in my dev site that might prevent that issue as well. I will look into this soon, as I recall it is pretty tricky to properly position things there for some reason.

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
I am unable to replicate the reported issue...this is what I get with a non-moderator account in the default style with everything else in that area turned off:

stratisblurb01.png

Stratos

Participant
Ok, Mark.
I get this in default, and this time I have disabled "New Thread/Post Reminder Message v1.4.1"
Button is on the top off editor :)
Image4.jpg

Tomorrow I will test to disable some modification and see what happens. Thanks for your time.
and the previous solution. Remind that I have vb4.2.0

Stratos

Participant
Before start searching, I see this issue?
For test I put both Blurbs By Forum and Blurbs By Thread
See what happens at least to me.

Image8.jpg

As you see both titles in one, and I see the
they are included in the plugins of this mod.
Thanks

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Both titles should display...that's as intended. If you are using HTML in your blurbs, the BBCodes won't be parsed. :)