Forum platform with a Facebook like experience?

I run a few active photography forums on the XenForo platform and have a dedicated server for those.

At the same time, I've become more and more interested in wrist watches and have started to do a weekly livestream on YouTube to chat about watches. We've built up a decent following there, and people are asking me where they can interact with us more.

I'm part of a Facebook group for watch enthusiasts, and I really like how Facebook groups work. So easy to keep up with new and popular threads. But if I make a FB group, I give up all control, plus the users have to be on FB.

Is there a platform with functionality like FB groups that I could use, control, potentially monetize, etc? I have plenty of server capability for just about anything. I could always use XenForo, but it doesn't seem as well suited to this purpose as FB is.

Pete

Flavours of Forums Forever
A lot of people point to IPS Clubs as a way to implement that kind of functionality, but to me this seems to be less like a forum experience and potentially dragging people away from the experience you already have.

shareanything

Neophyte
You can check SocialEngine for this and their are 3rd party developer and they have Facebook Scipt.

Ramses

Adherent
could always use XenForo, but it doesn't seem as well suited to this purpose as FB is.
Really? Here a very successful german watch forum: