Forum news system

Mike123

Neophyte
Hi guys,

I'm trying to find the right forum software that will allow me to have a homepage with news in the style of TTG other than Wordpress is there away to do this?

we_are_borg

Administrator
If you want to have a similar look then i would look into Xenforo with the add-on Article Management System (AMS) or IPS with IP.Community and IP.Pages. But to get the dame look would mean a custom style.

Mike123

Neophyte
If you want to have a similar look then i would look into Xenforo with the add-on Article Management System (AMS) or IPS with IP.Community and IP.Pages. But to get the dame look would mean a custom style.
Is the Xenforo addon free? last time I looked at IP it made you pay per month for the forum software.

Joel R

Fan
Is the Xenforo addon free? last time I looked at IP it made you pay per month for the forum software.
There's a self hosted option where you buy once to get a license.

You probably only looked at the cloud option.

Last edited:

Mike123

Neophyte
Thank you very much guys I'm going to demo them both and report back I did not see that you can self host IP I feel so stupid wow. This is one of the few times Google as sent me to a site and I've left knowing what to do I will stick around.

Joel R

Fan
The Pages application is actually one of the most powerful apps for Invision Community. It actually allows you to build unlimited databases of whatever you want: databases of guides, databases of news articles, databases of items, etc -- each with their own custom template.

The other benefit is that it's a first party app, which means it's directly supported and maintained as part of your license.