Forum Graveyard

Claverhouse

Aspirant
I doubt it's going anywhere any time soon. It has existed for nearly two decades.

That being said, you're right that it's not user friendly. It's also extremely slow and, from my experience, only saves a small amount of content from forums.

However, they were threatened by the heavy mob for opening an emergency library during the virus and the trial will be later. Even if they escape this time, with the prolix and sensational jargon of the American legal system brandished on both sides, who knows what next threat will occur ?

Servers can be turned off at any time.

Abizaga

I am a tuna sandwich!
I doubt it's going anywhere any time soon. It has existed for nearly two decades.

That being said, you're right that it's not user friendly. It's also extremely slow and, from my experience, only saves a small amount of content from forums.
You'd be suprised. I downloaded all the files for my old site off there and there is TONS of stuff. Lot of it was lost but thats more due to mods I installed at the time that limited guest viewing (Oops but hey it was 2007 and I was still pretty new to it.)

Pete

Flavours of Forums Forever
I find the Web Archive to be really hit and miss with forums. More than most other sites really, even ones I know were around in the era that it was running in, and where it wasn't being blocked as a crawler.

That said I'd love to see a set of plugins, one for each of the big forums, that can export 'boards + threads' to static HTML documents that you could shove onto S3 and serve as static for cheap.