Forum board

User2684

Neophyte
Recently I've build a forum using vbulletin 5,latest version. I was browsing a bit the xenforo, and looks friendly, the question is what xenforo can provide that vbulletin doesn't have, if I'll want to migrate to xenforo. The only thing I like is the gallery.

Joeychgo

TAZ Administrator
Well, I moved a number of forums of mine over to XF from vb several years ago. Its been great.

What can XF offer that vb cant? A future upgrade path for starters - Much much stronger development community for addons -- the list goes on.

User2684

Neophyte
I'm still thinking about it, as I can see vb org is dead, vb com half dead, can't get a proper support. Getting an other forum board, it's again time consuming and money wasting. I really like vb 5, but had a look at xenforo, and doesn't look bad at all. I'm still thinking about it...

I want to know what's the benefits having xenforo over vbulletin 5

User37935

Neophyte
Forums are so unique that really only you can determine if XF is better for your needs - you can get a good feel for XF on their official site forum and also here, plus look at some of the various XF forums. For me (I went from vB3 to XF) it just looks, feels and works better than vB.

Have you also checked out https://invisioncommunity.com/ the other major platform used by a lot of people here?

Joeychgo

TAZ Administrator
as I can see vb org is dead, vb com half dead, can't get a proper support.

that is exactly what I was referring to - If you want something custom made for vb, good luck. With XF, it may already exist and if not, finding someone to make it fort you is easy. XF is developing all the time, vb is patching bugs, not really adding features.

User2684

Neophyte
Idk yet, I am already familiar with vbulletin, moving to an other board could be difficult for me.

So you saying xenforo is best then vbulletin?

Nabix

Ummmm... support... and the potential to have future upgrades assuming the company doesn't dig itself into a larger money pit.

Xenforo is very easy to use. I agree vBulletin's ACP is very straight forward, but Xenforo is going to give you more bang for your buck. Not to mention you have a very large community following it. IPB is my flavor of choice...

zappaDPJ

So you saying xenforo is best then vbulletin?

The majority of opinion would say yes but perhaps more importantly so would statistics. Literally thousands of sites have migrated from all versions of vBulletin to Xenforo.

If you are still unsure then you could start a site on vBulletin's cloud version of the software at minimal cost. If you don't like it you could then import your database to Xenforo.

User2684

Neophyte
I already have a forum with vbulletin 5. It does disappointing that there are not enough support on vbcom.

Xenforo is easy for those with little IT knowledge. But vbulletin is more complicated, and if someone doesn't have some It knowledge its very hard to make something nice.

Probably I'll wait a bit, maybe vbulletin will release something new, but if not then I will have to migrate to another forum board.

Anyway, is there people who send xenforo license too?

gConverter

Enthusiast
Just look at the vBulleting and XenForo migration statistic.
We call it GC-Rank. We at gConverter provides forum migration services for about ten years. The GC-Rank is based on last 365 days migration services "From" and "To". You can see the whole, live statistic here: https://gconverters.com/statistics/

gConverter-Rank-Forum-Migration-Statistic.png

Study Force

Enthusiast
gConverter Off-topic, but that's a great business idea! Offering this service for people with limited time or knowledge is brilliant idea. How come none exist for SMF?

User2684

Neophyte
Good statistics, but still doesn't change my mind to move to xenforo. I mean for now, as at the moment I'm very happy how I turned my vbulletin forum. But still thinking, as i hope vb will do some features for board, especially media gallery.

cornnfedd

Captain Futurama
wow people must really hate Joomla, what are they switching though? wordpress would be my guess? (maybe?)

mysiteguy

Fanatic
Good statistics, but still doesn't change my mind to move to xenforo. I mean for now, as at the moment I'm very happy how I turned my vbulletin forum. But still thinking, as i hope vb will do some features for board, especially media gallery.

I wouldn't count on many features or innovations from VB. They have so many bugs they are still handling, and development has, in my opinion, been incompetent.