Fortree Forums - The Classic Pokemon Community

A new Pokemon fan forum with a focus on Gen1-3.

apathy

Aspirant
Here's a preview of an upcoming skin that I'd love some feedback on:

20_preview.png

Not noticeable through the picture, a layer of fog sits on top of the header and moves from left to right.

I'd like to take a shot at redesigning some of the other pages like profiles and such too, but no ideas for now.

apathy

Aspirant
What's a Fortree? 🤔
Lol it's a location in the 3rd Gen Pokemon games. I thought I had mentioned it was a Pokemon fan site in my submission but I must have forgotten.

apathy

Aspirant
Our WIP Pokedex which is powered by Pokemon Showdown is coming along quite nicely!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-07 at 14-21-58 Pokedex.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-07 at 14-21-58 Pokedex.png
    510.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot 2021-10-07 at 14-22-52 Gengar - Pokedex.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-07 at 14-22-52 Gengar - Pokedex.png
    548.5 KB · Views: 14
  • bbcode_popup.png
    bbcode_popup.png
    352.9 KB · Views: 18

R0binHood

Habitué
Your site looks great, but one thing I can never find and really bugs me is some kind of what's new or new posts button to see all the latest posts

apathy

Aspirant
Your site looks great, but one thing I can never find and really bugs me is some kind of what's new or new posts button to see all the latest posts
Thanks for the comments! I guess that is an issue if you're a guest looking to browse, but the "What's new" button shows up in the visitor menu for logged in members.
Might not be a bad idea to put a button on the homepage for guests but I also dont wanna use more navbar space or have a single button sitting above my widgets :C

R0binHood

Habitué
Ah, I see. I'd consider making one visible to guests somewhere, even if it's not on the navbar, but just on the home page somewhere near the top, that way newbies can easily access the latest content to check activity, which may prompt them to find something interesting and current they want to reply to and join :)