Forgot the name of the software... damn

Gilded

Neophyte
I once saw a forum system very much so like vbulletin.
Even the file names were exactly the same..

I only remember the header which had a square image at the left side of it saying the name of the the forum software...

I really need to remember it since it's really what I was looking for...
Anyone has any idea?

Gilded

Neophyte
Neither... :\

The color scheme was blue like.. but the most important part that it had the same file names has vbulletin does.

_| () R | Z

Proud charter member!
Gilded said:
Neither... :\

The color scheme was blue like.. but the most important part that it had the same file names has vbulletin does.
mybb has that?

phoenixdown21

The Man with the Plan
mybb originally stole the coding from vbulletin which was why they had the same file names. Its been said that they've recoded those portions. *shrug*

My suggestion is just go with vbulletin since it seems its what you really want.

Dietrich

Developer
Woltlab Burning Board 1, which is free, has a blueish look.

mybb originally stole the coding from vbulletin which was why they had the same file names. Its been said that they've recoded those portions.
I didn't know that. All I know is that they inspired some content on their current website on the old website of UseBB. :)

Abwayax

Aspirant
phoenixdown21 said:
mybb originally stole the coding from vbulletin which was why they had the same file names. Its been said that they've recoded those portions. *shrug*

I really doubt that. So what if they both have file names like "showthread.php"? Any other good names for a script that shows a thread?

And if they did copy the code from vB, which seems highly unlikely, then they probably would've had some of vB's extra features, like custom bbcodes and the like.

Zachery

Moo
Abwayax said:
I really doubt that. So what if they both have file names like "showthread.php"? Any other good names for a script that shows a thread?

And if they did copy the code from vB, which seems highly unlikely, then they probably would've had some of vB's extra features, like custom bbcodes and the like.
Actually, this is MyBB's second round, they did face legal action for copying vBulletin code.