Font awesome what is it?

NYCGuy76

Fanatic
I’ve been out of the loop for many years now and when I came back around two months ago I’d come across posts about font awesome throughout forum communities. What is that exactly? I know it has something to do with graphics but that’s about it.

Penguin

Aspirant
It's most useful for HTML code really. Rather than having to specify an image src whenever you wish to use an icon, you just put in the HTML code for it such as
HTML:
<i class="fas fa-address-card"></i>

Tracy Perry

Opinionated asshat
As an example, all the icons that you see beside the menu options and even the forum nodes are using custom icons similar to FontAwesome. I have a custom library of icons that I use in place of FontAwesome because many I wanted were not in their default package at the time.

Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 7.09.43 PM.png

zappaDPJ

Administrator
As an example, all the icons that you see beside the menu options and even the forum nodes are using custom icons similar to FontAwesome. I have a custom library of icons that I use in place of FontAwesome because many I wanted were not in their default package at the time.

View attachment 55007
Still sitting on that veranda plucking away I see :) You should have a few tunes in the bag by now. How's it going?

NYCGuy76

Fanatic
Not bad... still play around with the guitars, but not as much as I was before. Been spending more time using the new RV than practicing.

My uncle from california has been driving throughout the US in his RV for the past year. He has a youtube account and everything posting his visits. I envy him. That is something I want to do once I get rid of my kids LOL.

NYCGuy76

Fanatic

View attachment 55007

Nice niche! If it was a cigar forum I'd join.

Claverhouse

Aspirant
I've always disliked Font Awesome, ever since it started in 2012.

About the same time Flat Style infected the Web.

Oblivion Knight

Participant
It's a useful tool, undoubtedly.. but when overused it looks pretty terrible IMO.

There's a fine line.