Flarum 0.1.0-beta.8 Released

shaxxix

Neophyte
It seems Flarum has released a new version since the last one launched on July 2017. A lot of changes and improvements were made aimed for easier extensions and future core features development.

Of couse Flarum is still on beta so it's not encouraged for production environments. It's a fine piece of open source software so help on testing and debuging is welcomed.

Official release info:
https://discuss.flarum.org/d/17745-flarum-0-1-0-beta-8-released

User37935

Neophyte
I really like Flarum, the minimalism focusses so much on the content. It has nifty features, like the post slider to effortlessly move from top to bottom in a thread.

One thing I liked about Xenforo when I picked it years ago was the simplicity. I wonder if some of that is going now with XF 2, like the What's New section (something IPB never got right IMHO) is so bloated now.

I'm trying to decide whether Flarum floats my boat because of the design aesthetics (which to a degree can be replicated in a theme on any platform) or because it's just a simple, minimalist, quick and effective approach to forums.

Anyone else have any opinions on Flarum, good or bad? Can you see yourself using it?

\o/

an oddity
I find it increasingly more sad that they killed FluxBB for ... that anti-structured "responsive" thing.

cornnfedd

Captain Futurama
I agree, it just looks like spaghetti on a page to me, im not much of a fan...

Reactions: \o/

Panupat

Habitué
Yea I loved categorizing threads by tags but avoid Flarum/Discourse for the responsive scrolling. If only there's a tagging based forum with pagination threads I'll be all over it.

And by tagging, I mean to use tags as forum section themselves, not just normal section with tags added on top.

Gary

Fan
I find it increasingly more sad that they killed FluxBB for ... that anti-structured "responsive" thing.
FluxBB isn't entirely dead... Franz has just released a new update and has plans for future updates. ;)

\o/

an oddity
Oh, thank you, I had not seen that yet. :)
The future updates sound promising.