finding a saboteur

Julian693

Neophyte
Dear users,
I am responsible for the Onedrive folder of my class in our university.
The folder is used to shaire informations, learning materials but is also used as point of transfer to different websites and programmes, where students work together on something.
Sadly we have a saboteur, that tries to couse trouble by deleting things on linked programms and websites.
Now my question: do you know a way to set up a trap that reveals this person's identity?
I have exess to all email adresses and phone numbers of my class.
I appreciate every answer from you.

Yours, Julian

R0binHood

Habitué
Is there not any kind of change logging for when users edit stuff? Some kind of audit log you can check to see who deleted what content?

Or you could only lock down important stuff to a few select users and only give trusted users edit access.

I don't use OneDrive, but in Google Drive and their collaborative tools there are some activity history features:

upload_2019-3-3_21-27-10.png

If you use the Google Docs I think I remember being able to see everyone else's edits and who they were attributed to when I did some collaboration work a while back. You could try that. Or there might be a similar features for the web based version of Word in OneDrive.

Julian693

Neophyte
Hello, unfortunaly this person figured that one out and is causing problems on other programs and websites..but this could be a good idea. If I use a programm that is not very popular with this kind of futures the person might fall for it.

R0binHood

Habitué
How do they have delete or edit access to data on these external sites? Are they an authorised user? What kind of sites?

Julian693

Neophyte
I just had an idea: my class is not that big so i could send everybody different links. In this way only one would be deleted and I would know which person had the link to that site. We are using for exampe quizzes as an exam preparation, that everybody can work on. I dont think this website has such funktions like onedrive or google drive

ManagerJosh

Adherent
I just had an idea: my class is not that big so i could send everybody different links. In this way only one would be deleted and I would know which person had the link to that site. We are using for exampe quizzes as an exam preparation, that everybody can work on. I dont think this website has such funktions like onedrive or google drive
Julian,

Who provides your OneDrive? Your university? Or yourself?