Favorite movie of all time?

Kathy

Tazmanian Veteran
I was pleasantly surprised to be a couch potato this afternoon as I found my favorite movie of all time on tv. I didn't know it would be on but when I found it, I made myself cozy and enjoyed it.

My favorite? I have many that are on my top 10 list...but I think this one is my favorite of all time....

"Places in the Heart".

Set in North Texas in a neighboring town to me and set during the depression...with Sally Field and Danny Glover and Ed Young....

Goodness and kindness triumphs over adversity and evil.

movielad

Enthusiast
Anything by Hayo Miyazaki - he is one of the best directors/animators in the business and every single thing he has released has been pure gold. Loved Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke in particular.

Regards,

Martyn

Wayne Luke

Tazmanian
Hmmm of all time. Well that would have to be "2001: A Space Odyssey".

However, there are many great movies that I would consider favorites. I like to collect DVDs and Tapes and we currently have about 1000 movies.

Shane

What's up doc?
That is a lot of movies! :)

Dave is my favorite of all time, but I watch to many movies to have a consistant all time favorite.

Los

I have no home.
There are alot of movies that are highly placed by myself.

But the one that sticks out the most so far is Braveheart.

Wayne Luke

Tazmanian
Shane said:
That is a lot of movies! :)
Yeah, well we have 4 Wal-Marts in the local area and with DVDs priced between $5 and $20 it isn't hard to pick up one or two every time we go into one which is a few times a week.

floris

Habitué
ALIEN was inspired properly by 2001 and texas ch.
It resulted in a good movie that was initially made to be a B-movie :)

2001 was cool, it inspired a lot of script writers and directors.