Explain Your Username

Zelda

Enthusiast
I am a big Zelda fan. It is one of the first games I took seriously from the days of classic Nintendo. I am amazed that the franchise has been going strong for 35 years as of February 21, 2021.

Wes of StarArmy

Adherent
This actually an interesting story, circa 2000 I started an anime club at my high school and for a mascot we decided to draw a catgirl. At the same time I was getting into roleplaying games and got internet access so I took my catgirl character into the world of online chat RPGs where I developed a science fiction backstory for her that she was made by a genetics corporation, and she got recruited for a space military. I made a website for her and everything. Eventually people got interested and wanted to join me and I decided to set up a site for the space military.

By sheer chance the domain StarArmy.com - previously registered to Star Army & Navy surplus store in Aston, PA, had expired and I found it on the list of expired domains and bought it and the fictional space military became known as the Star Army. Today Star Army is my registered trademark and our roleplaying forum has been operating for almost 20 years now. We continue to create characters and write adventures in the Star Army universe.

Croc

Neophyte
Simply put, it’s the first four-letters of my last name. Nothing more than that. I’ve used this alias for ages on various forums and now Discord, but I spin it as short for “Crocodile” and people always think it’s my favorite animal. It really isn’t but it suits me, so I go with it.

Mysti

Aspirant
I needed a good name for my mage in World of Warcraft. Misty seemed perfect, but was already taken. I was able to get Mysti, which I liked even better as it is short for Mystic, which fits the magi. I have been using it as my online name ever since. Mysti also is a type of weather, so I wound up making some other characters along the same line with the names Windey (hunter), Rainie (paladin), Dusky (shadow priest), and Stormie (elemental shaman). Just had to go with spelling variations that were available.

I have used Mysti online for so long now it feels like my real name.

StateDOG

New Beginnings...
I went to Mississippi State and got really involved with some NCAA chats on different sites while in school. MSU's mascot is the bulldogs. So I used StateDOG often in those chats and early boards. It kinda stuck.