EU GDPR

vBulletin EU GDPR [Paid] 1.2.0

No permission to buy ($15.00)

punchbowl

Adherent
Sorry for wasting your time. Seems that I became too old. I thought that I was replying to another member with whom I had an active discussion. Didn't even noticed that. Again sorry.
You're not wasting anyone's time. I came into your thread very aggressively which was a bit unfair but you handled it very well.

we_are_borg

Administrator
Both looks good but what will happen if some one has 10k posts will pdf still work.

ChrisTERiS

Developer
Both looks good but what will happen if some one has 10k posts will pdf still work.
TCPDF that I'm using has none limitation. But maybe should be problems in php.ini with memory limit and execution time.
But even in this case, should not be any problem at all.

TCPDF is so powerful that you can change these limits:
Code:
ini_set('memory_limit','640M');
ini_set('max_execution_time', 120); // 120 seconds (2 minutes)

punchbowl

Adherent
Honestly, you need to limit you liability. Are you saying somewhere that this mod etc doesn't guarantee anything?

I feel like you are doing the right thing but you are vulnerable to claims.

ChrisTERiS

Developer
Honestly, you need to limit you liability. Are you saying somewhere that this mod etc doesn't guarantee anything?
Liability for what? If it works well or if it is 100% compliant with GDPR?
For the second it's up to the client to check it with his lawyer. I'm releasing a piece of code doing this... and this... and this. Nothing more, nothing less.

As for the actions that a webmaster needs to do when someone does not accepts the terms, or when someone asks to use his right to be forgotten.
I'm NOT doing anything automatic. The simplier bug in this case can destroy a full site and I'm not getting the risk.

The only that I'll do is:
  1. To prohibit access to main content of the site, by redirecting them to accept terms page, to all those who haven't accepted the terms. Some pages still will be available eg Logout function, my special pages to usercp etc.
  2. To show to webmaster a list of:
    1. All Members who haven't accepted the terms
    2. All Members who have requested to be forgotten.
vBulletin has all needing tools available to Admins to do anything they want per user. eg Delete unimportant users, or move content to someone else etc. The final step should be to update my lists with the taken action. eg User A Deleted, User B moved content.

But honestly, last days I looked around to many sites. None is 100% GDPR comliant. Even those which are using xF. Sure xF released a version taking care only for the build in features. eg A cookie to store user login. So it has just a general "Accept" button. But the majority of the sites are using much more. eg Google Analytics, Adverisments the most common. These websites to be comliant they must have multiple selections. One per each type of cookie. eg I accept the general cookie, but don't want to be tracked by the Analytics.

Please don't get me wrong. I'm not writting all these, as a way to argue with you. Just as a way to understand something more, something that maybe I didn't noticed before, or something that even I've misunderstood. My English is far away to be in a professional level, and trying to understand law terms, make things worst.

we_are_borg helped me a lot with his advices, and any advice is always welcome.

Last edited:

ChrisTERiS

Developer
New style and functionality for Cookies. Supports 3 types of cookies with option to users to select allow/disallow. With this, at least the cookie section is 100% compliant with GDPR.

In addition, I give to the visitors the ability to set the cookie life time.

https://www.teriakis.com/vb425/forum.php

PS 1: Functionality is not yet implemented. Only the interface to check it :)
PS 2: Don't forget to click on "Show Details" :)

Last edited:

we_are_borg

Administrator
Well punchbowl has a point you still need term of use for your add-ons and this one needs to state that you only provide this addon as is. If someone has a run in with GDPR you need to make sure you are save and they cant claim anything.

Thats a nice banner only it needs some cleaning the text is not in the box think its a css issue. That banner is better then XF and IPS has, if you can make it so that other addon makers can tie in there addons that would be a great help for developers.

ChrisTERiS

Developer
Well punchbowl has a point you still need term of use for your add-ons and this one needs to state that you only provide this addon as is. If someone has a run in with GDPR you need to make sure you are save and they cant claim anything.
Yes, I'm thinking to add a disclaimer notice in mod's details page plus in a separate txt file in the zip package.

Thats a nice banner only it needs some cleaning the text is not in the box think its a css issue.
Yes, there are still some css issues (eg check the search input field in my site). But I left them for the end. Priority has to finish the functionality.

That banner is better then XF and IPS has, if you can make it so that other addon makers can tie in there addons that would be a great help for developers.
Maybe at a later time. I admit that I'm not so familiar to build hooks, so it will takes time trying to add this feature in the current version.

markoroots

Participant
Hi Chris,
I would buy the plugin but I haven't paypal anymore because I have close my account seeing that them always ask the more expensive commisions of all other bank services and they also tell the people that the payment are assured but when is there a problem i never had a refund so i have cut them out.
Can you please let me know the details to send you a bank wire? I'm prefering this service also because today are more quickly of before, more cheap of them... and it is really simple to make it by the mobile. If is ok for you you can send me a pm. Thanks in advance