EU GDPR

vBulletin EU GDPR [Paid] 1.2.0

No permission to buy ($15.00)

ChrisTERiS

Developer
ChrisTERiS submitted a new resource:

EU GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)

*** IMPORTANT ***
The cost of this plugin is 10 Euros per domain, one time payment.
After your payment, and withing 2-3 hours (daylight, GMT+3), I'll email to the PayPal email the plugin

If you want your vBulletin 4 forum to be compliant with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), this mod is a must for you.

When you activate it:
  1. Adds a new field in registration form where the user must selects one of the follow:
    1. I do Agree...
Read more about this resource...

ChrisTERiS

Developer
ChrisTERiS updated EU GDPR with a new update entry:

New Features

ver. 1.1.0 has some new features and one bug fix

• New Features
    • GDPR in registration form moved in a separate block, similar to Forum Rules block, to be more visible. Also now it shows the terms in a scrolling block
    • Added a new option to Show/Hide GDPR in Registration Form
    • To comply with the Law, added in UserCP-> Profile Settings an option for the user to change his initial selection.
  • Bug Fixes
    • Fixed a bug in cleaning ISP data (Get IP Function)....
Read the rest of this update entry...

we_are_borg

Administrator
You know that consent may not be pre-filled or pre-checked a pulldown menu is pre-filled so with this people can claim they never consented. What i also do not see is a log where you can see to what version privacy and user agreement they agreed to. Without that consent is again useless because they can claim they never agreed to that version. Also if the agreement is altered people need to agree again or better said consent again,

ChrisTERiS

Developer
You know that consent may not be pre-filled or pre-checked a pulldown menu is pre-filled so with this people can claim they never consented. What i also do not see is a log where you can see to what version privacy and user agreement they agreed to. Without that consent is again useless because they can claim they never agreed to that version. Also if the agreement is altered people need to agree again or better said consent again,
Half is better than nothing :) . I'm aware for most of them, and if you check the updates, only today I released 2, and now I'm working on the 3nd which will be released tomorrow.

I was in rush to release the initial version as I thought that is much better to have a not fully compliant GDPR than no GDPR at all. Finally who will change his Terms in a week. As you can see in the ToDo list, logs are in top priority.

we_are_borg

Administrator
ChrisTERiS Half is still nothing the problem with releasing addons that are for GDPR that when you make a mistake its the website owner gets the bill. If you want to help the vBulletin owners your’e add-on needs to be spot on, look at Xenforo or IPS how it should work. You’ll need to be spot on like i said else people think they are complying while their not.

ChrisTERiS

Developer
You know that consent may not be pre-filled or pre-checked.........
Are you sure for it? What I know is that I can't have pre-filled the positive selection (eg Yes, I do Agree etc). Having pre-filled the negative selection (eg No, I do not Agree etc), is ok. In my case I've pre-filled the option "I'm not an EU Citizen or Resident".

ChrisTERiS

Developer
ChrisTERiSlook at Xenforo or IPS how it should work.
The problem is that even if I've licenses for both of them, haven't renewed them this March, so I can't see how they work other than as a member of their sites.
But lets get as example TAZ using xF. I've accepted GDPR, but (as example) let's say that I've changed my mind and I want to change it from Accept to Decline. Where is this option available? How I can do it? GDPR clearly states (at least the Lawyers who try to explain the terms), that as a user must have an easy way to change my opinion at anytime.

we_are_borg

Administrator
Positive or negative it does not matter it may not be pre-filled the choice needs to be the users. If you make the text select if you are an EU citizen yes or no it would be valid because people have a choice. But it even gets worse if some one from outside the EU migrates to the EU and becomes a EU citizen then all data would fall under GDPR. You are better off to treat everyone the same so record everything even outside the EU.

Under GDPR you have two rights when you consent, the first is the right that you may check that all information about you is correct. For example if on a forum it says i was born in 1974 but the correct year is 1973 i can demand that the record would be set straight. The second one you consented and you do not want to consent anymore, you have the right to be forgotten. So the profile data then needs to be deleted Xenforo and IPS both have that on board. Threads and post are another thing that should be in the user agreement.

Use the demo of Xenforo and IPS how they made it you cant use their code if you even had access but look and learn is free.

ChrisTERiS

Developer
we_are_borg Thank you for the info. Just modified the code. I let it to webmaster to decide. You know that many webmasters may don't like to have everything working as law says.

So what options I added:
  • Include "I'm not EU Citizen or Registrant" in the selection list? Yes/No
  • Include "Please select" in selection list? Yes/No (This will solves the no pre-filled issue)
  • Which Option to be pre-selected (Works only if previous setting is NO)
  • What to do when someone disagrees with the Rules?
    • At any action that he'll try to do, redirect him to the GDPR page
    • Move him to a specific usegroup (eg Banned or any special usergoup that Admin will creates).

Last edited:

we_are_borg

Administrator
If someone does not consent they dont get access to the site they can only look around but not have an username, email etc in the database because the person did not give permission to use the PII. So basically they are still guests. If they do not consent username, email etc should not be recorded in the database. So he will not be recorded so a specific usergroup is not needed.

Yes/no option is a choice so i do think its valid if no nothing happens nothing gets recorded.

The choice “Witch option to be pre-selected (Works only if previous setting is NO)” i would not do that handle everyone on the planet the same. This is easier to understand and if someone makes a mistake you still have valid consent. For example i dont look what i do or scroll down and select NO by mistake the next would automatically be set. If you dont do that then its always consent by choice so always valid.

TSG

Neophyte
An export user data function would be useful also since that is also part of GDPR. Nice work though.

we_are_borg

Administrator
we_are_borg Looks better? :)

https://www.teriakis.com/vb425/register.php

1.- Added Cookies popup (links are dead now). Position and messages are configurable.
2.- Added jquery validation on selection. If you don't mind give a try.

If I understood well, this is what you said this morning.

Thank you
Look good the only thing that needs to be adjusted is receive email (vB turn it on automatically) if you can alter that setting so nothing is checked it would be good. If you cant do that in the add-on i would if i was you make a tutorial how to turn it off. Also you dont accept GDPR but the user agreement and the rules, you cant deny or agree to GDPR because its a law.

ChrisTERiS

Developer
Look good the only thing that needs to be adjusted is receive email (vB turn it on automatically) if you can alter that setting so nothing is checked it would be good. If you cant do that in the add-on i would if i was you make a tutorial how to turn it off. Also you dont accept GDPR but the user agreement and the rules, you cant deny or agree to GDPR because its a law.
I appreciate your instructions. Actually you did all Analysis, which is the most important part of coding a script.
Yes, I can turn it off. Is just a call to str_replace function.

As for the others, all are phrases, so at the final point I'll change them.

Thank you again.

punchbowl

Adherent
Does this prevent any cookies been sent before agreement?

does it record exactly who does agree to receive cookies. Also does it allow them to opt out of specific cookies? Does it all them delete their specific information even if they've only visited as a guest?