vBulletin EU GDPR [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

punchbowl

Adherent
Well ChrisTERiS is trying his best, at least people can still use vb4 with this. I dont know if he is going to address cookies in other versions.
He's offering a paid service. Nothing against the guy (or even him charging money.) I just asked some basic questions about the service.

In fact, me warning him of his liabilities is doing him more a favour than you saying he's "trying his best."

we_are_borg

Administrator
He's offering a paid service. Nothing against the guy (or even him charging money.) I just asked some basic questions about the service.

In fact, me warning him of his liabilities is doing him more a favour than you saying he's "trying his best."
Well if he wasn’t doing this and vB wasn’t altering the script you would have to migrate to a version that supported. Instead of saying i do not know if it supports cookies i should have said cookie support is comming look at https://www.teriakis.com/vb425/register.php . You see the cookie banner but it is not yet working the links are dead. Cookies are another ball game you cant set cookies before you accept so that will take some programming.

ChrisTERiS

Enthusiast
Does this prevent any cookies been sent before agreement?
If visitor does not clicks Continue (you can change the word), nothing is storing.

does it record exactly who does agree to receive cookies.
If you mean for visitors, no, it does not. If you mean members, when they accept Privacy Policy assumes that they accept Cookie Policy. It's up to webmaster to include any terms there.

Does it all them delete their specific information even if they've only visited as a guest?
Have added a fixed setting here. Cookies expires with session end. Just like in TAZ. Anytime that I'm visiting the site as visitor, I must accept again.

Also does it allow them to opt out of specific cookies?
Most probably you mean something like this https://www.praktiker.gr/ which, in my opinion, is the best (click the button with the arrow to see even the terms inline). But no. It has only one general cookie. This is normal as I don't know how each webmaster uses his site. eg if he has shop, advertisments etc.

PS: Pre-selection of "Receive Emails from Admin" removed :)

ChrisTERiS

Enthusiast
I just asked some basic questions about the service.
Sorry, can't see any questions related to this. Could you please link me to your post? Thank you.

As for the "paid service". Yeah, that's (almost) true. After 12 full years working with vBulletin, having released 50+ major addons (vB3+vB4), I decided (still not 100% sure), to release something paid.

And I'm saying "still not 100% sure", because if vB dev team, want to add it in the official release, I'll happily give it totally for free. But if I've to support it, yes it will be a paid mod.

we_are_borg

Administrator
The site you linked to for the cookie banner is the best one their is, if you have that one everything is covered for GDPR.

ChrisTERiS

Enthusiast
The site you linked to for the cookie banner is the best one their is, if you have that one everything is covered for GDPR.
Well... I'm also perfectionmaniac :) ....... The problem is that that script uses "Levels". Each checkmark has a Level id. Let's get as example "Advertisments" which has Level id 3. I need to modify the template code and add:
Code:
var selectedLevel = EU.Cookie.getLevel();
if ( selectedLevel === '3') {
     // eg. Include your Advertisment code
}
This is something that I can do easily as webmaster for my own site, but todo it programmatically is complicated. At least at this moment. Maybe when finish the mod, with clear mind, I can focus on it. Already have an idea, to inluclude (or not), the vb ad_locations. But most users use different places to add Advertisment code.

we_are_borg

Administrator
Why not make the cookie banner you have know so people showed they are willing to comply. Then you have time to make it better by expanding the banner.

ChrisTERiS

Enthusiast
Why not make the cookie banner you have know so people showed they are willing to comply. Then you have time to make it better by expanding the banner.
..hmm.... Not sure if I got your meaning. Don't you see a banner at the bottom of page https://www.teriakis.com/vb425/forum.php ?
Everything there (Title, Message, Button Text) are configurable at Mod Options. Already added the link for Learn More, the webmaster must adds any text he wants there.

Have a missed something? The banner appears only to Guests, and any "Accept" is valid for the session time.

we_are_borg

Administrator
Well the banner is good but the linke to that external site banner was better. I thought the banner on your site was not ready but you say it is because you can set options so that is good. But the banner on the external site is the best there is if you can make that you would have the best of the best and covers everything GDPR says. That is way i said make sure the banner on your site works 100% and then try to make the external banner. Also the price is just right for your add-on 15 dollars is not over priced at all.

ChrisTERiS

Enthusiast
That is way i said make sure the banner on your site works 100% and then try to make the external banner.
Ahaaa...... Now I got you. You mean to make the interface like that one, even if the first release should has only one option.

we_are_borg

Administrator
Yes the option that you made now is one option its not 100% but it works for now. Then you can start working on the next step.

Did you make the download of pdf yet.

ChrisTERiS

Enthusiast
Yes the option that you made now is one option its not 100% but it works for now. Then you can start working on the next step.
I think that I got a great idea about multi cookies. To add set of options for each cookie. eg:
1.- Activate Advertisment cookie: Yes/No
2.- Advertisment cookie Title: .......
3.- Advertisment cookie Summary: ....
4.- Advertisment cookie JS code: ..... (without js code, if I'm not wrong, Ads are nor working).

This should works from my side, but needs some manual changes from the webmaster to remove from his template (usually header or footer) the current js code.

Did you make the download of pdf yet.
Not yet as I'm working on Privacy Policy revisions. If I understood well need to have a full history of all revisions and who accepted them and when.

There is a dark point only with user "Right to be forgotten". Sure I can move all posts to a dummy member, but as I read webmaster is responsive if one of the posts has any contact details. Such a common example is the post to contain his email, or his website.

Reactions: TSG

we_are_borg

Administrator
Not yet as I'm working on Privacy Policy revisions. If I understood well need to have a full history of all revisions and who accepted them and when.
Yes that is very important even more so the the download.

punchbowl

Adherent
Sorry, can't see any questions related to this. Could you please link me to your post? Thank you.

As for the "paid service". Yeah, that's (almost) true. After 12 full years working with vBulletin, having released 50+ major addons (vB3+vB4), I decided (still not 100% sure), to release something paid.

And I'm saying "still not 100% sure", because if vB dev team, want to add it in the official release, I'll happily give it totally for free. But if I've to support it, yes it will be a paid mod.
You answered my questions here. Honestly, good job. I've no issues with you charging money for this at all.

ChrisTERiS

Enthusiast
You answered my questions here. Honestly, good job. I've no issues with you charging money for this at all.
Sorry for wasting your time. Seems that I became too old. I thought that I was replying to another member with whom I had an active discussion. Didn't even noticed that. Again sorry.

ChrisTERiS

Enthusiast
Here a quick view of User Options in UserCP.
Download Profile Data and Download Post History should be pdf.

gdpr_usercp_links.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.