Nev_Dull

Anachronism
About damn time, too!

Now maybe they can do something about the atrocious spelling and grammar on the internet.

Alpha1

Administrator
While they are at it, lets go for a social credit system like China. We will need AI filtering now anyway. Might as well go full 1984 while they are at it.

Nev_Dull

Anachronism
Oh, don't get me started on those, I could go on and on, and what about those misplaced modifiers?

Sophos

Aspirant
Now this is confusing:

Tweet 2.png

Source link here

There is another already approved regulation #TerReg that requires websites to delete copyrighted material within 1 hour. So upload filters are not required now?

This is getting out of hand. Both regulations are now part of the EU Copyright law and at the moment there isn't much we can do about it:

Tweet.png

Source links here and here

Sophos

Aspirant
All I ask is for someone to explain what exactly are we supposed to do to make our forums copyright compliant within the EU.

Sophos

Aspirant
Alfa 1 clarified that TerReg is for hate speech.

Julia Reda's quote is still related to this topic. It will take years to undo the damage if it can be undone...

feldon30

Adherent
All I ask is for someone to explain what exactly are we supposed to do to make our forums copyright compliant within the EU.
Hire a team of content moderators to review all content before it is posted on your website. Oh you have a free forum? Well, think of the children/media companies!

Sophos

Aspirant
Hire a team of content moderators to review all content before it is posted on your website. Oh you have a free forum? Well, think of the children/media companies!

:LOL::LOL:

I have a better idea. Google and Facebook to shutdown their services within the EU for 24 hours with a notice explaining the situation. YouTube already warned us of possible blocking of their service within the EU, so they need to actually do it. Yes millions will be lost, but that's nothing compared to what lies ahead. I'm sure that only a minority is aware of what's going on right now.

Alpha1

Administrator
I have a better idea. Google and Facebook to shutdown their services within the EU for 24 hours with a notice explaining the situation.
Yes, with a splash page with links to a petition to leave the EU for each country. I'm pretty sure that will get the EU on the tip of their chair.