Feedback Error editing "Account details" section...

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Kween of Hearts ⚧
Hey all - Just to report an issue I've just had when trying to edit my account details section...
Error message appears in screencap below:

2020-05-20_12-17-38.png

Only thing is ==> There's no section to edit location. So there's a setting that needs to be fixed and/or allowed users to edit the field...?
IDK. But wanted to bring it to your attention in case anyone else has the issue.
Cheers.

J.

zappaDPJ

Just to awkward I can't replicate it using the latest version of Windows 10/Firefox. I have however seen that or a very similar error recently while dealing with content in moderation.

I didn't report it because it went away.

PoetJC

Just to awkward I can't replicate it using the latest version of Windows 10/Firefox. I have however seen that or a very similar error recently while dealing with content in moderation.

I didn't report it because it went away.
Hmmm. I'm using Windows 10 as well. Only I use Vivaldi as my main browser.
Will see if I can replicate the error on Firefox. Interesting...

J.

PoetJC

I've just tried using the latest version of Firefox and I still see the
Oops! We ran into some problems.
Please enter a valid location.

:(

zappaDPJ

Thanks for trying. Odd. I don't think it's a permissions issue. I'll have poke around and see what I can find.

PoetJC

I can't replicate it so far. However I do think it might be a user group error...still looking into it.
I think there's a setting where you can allow users to change whichever custom form fields are available. I think that may be at the root of the issue, because I cannot see a way to even edit the location setting. So = It may be that the form field permission needs to be revised so users can edit it...? I **think** that's the issue anyway LOL. Best of luck ;)

J.

Nabix

Yep, I seen it too when I was changing my username/avatar. Its asked for location field. Using Windows 10 and the latest Firefox.