Email Replies To PM/Conversation Notifications ARGH!

fixer

I'm In My Prime
This is still an issue with IPS , people reply to the notification emails and i see the private communications i do not want to see, Don't know how to make it much clearer !!!

REPLY TO THE PM NOT THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL!!!REPLY TO THE PM NOT THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL!!!REPLY TO THE PM NOT THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL!!!REPLY TO THE PM NOT THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL!!!REPLY TO THE PM NOT THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL!!!REPLY TO THE PM NOT THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL!!!REPLY TO THE PM NOT THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL!!!REPLY TO THE PM NOT THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL!!!REPLY TO THE PM NOT THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL!!!REPLY TO THE PM NOT THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL!!!REPLY TO THE PM NOT THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL!!!REPLY TO THE PM NOT THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL!!!REPLY TO THE PM NOT THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL!!!REPLY TO THE PM NOT THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL!!!REPLY TO THE PM NOT THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL!!!REPLY TO THE PM NOT THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL!!!REPLY TO THE PM NOT THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL!!!REPLY TO THE PM NOT THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL!!!REPLY TO THE PM NOT THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL!!!REPLY TO THE PM NOT THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL!!!REPLY TO THE PM NOT THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL!!!REPLY TO THE PM NOT THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL!!!REPLY TO THE PM NOT THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL!!!REPLY TO THE PM NOT THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL!!!REPLY TO THE PM NOT THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL!!!REPLY TO THE PM NOT THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL!!!REPLY TO THE PM NOT THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL!!!

Tracy Perry

Opinionated asshat
Make the default so that they don't receive email replies. I would like to see a notification when they enable email replies that requires them to acknowledge the fact that they are aware that the notices cannot be replied to and requires logging in to do so.

Alfa1

Administrator
Cant you remove the PM content from the notification email? So that they need to log in to read the message.

Tracy Perry

Opinionated asshat
It should be an option like it is with XenForo. But even then you still have people try to reply to it.

Tracy Perry

Opinionated asshat
With Elkarte you can reply by mail to a PM, and the message will be sent as PM. Same for topics :thumb:
There are pro's and con's to that method though. Your user will miss out on some (hopefully) good other topics they may wish to participate in. It basically keeps them away from the site, when an admin's main desire is to keep them ON the site.

Alfa1

Administrator
I used Kayako helpdesk for many years. It had email piping which I first thought was awesome. Until people started replying by email to the original ticket email, while replies by staff went to their spambox or they just missed it. The member gets angrier and angrier because they think they are being ignored. Staff kept replying but to no avail. This happened every week.

I am sooo glad we do not have email piping anymore. Only send them part of the message (teaser) and then let them log in for the rest.

fixer

I'm In My Prime
maybe i can set up a couple auto replys and have them email each other see if it will bring the server down

fixer

I'm In My Prime
I agree If they could reply directly from email , that would be the best for the member, but not the site owner.

LiquidServe

Aspirant
I used Kayako helpdesk for many years. It had email piping which I first thought was awesome. Until people started replying by email to the original ticket email, while replies by staff went to their spambox or they just missed it. The member gets angrier and angrier because they think they are being ignored. Staff kept replying but to no avail. This happened every week.

I am sooo glad we do not have email piping anymore. Only send them part of the message (teaser) and then let them log in for the rest.
Could've tried using a third party mail delivery service. I'm in the process of integrating Mailgun to ensure deliverability because email piping is very convenient for my customers. If I were in their place, I would use it myself.