Email questions

Max

Participant
I am not sure what is happening or how it's happening. I do know I want to find a way to stop it.

I have 3 different email addys throughout my site for people to contact me (one for ME, one for the admin [privacy policy inquiries] and one for magazine notifies. Anyway what is happening is these email addys are being used to send out infected emails. Now the emails are NOT coming from me, nor are they going to anyone in my address book. I am also receiving emails w/ attachments from NoReply@max-deals.com & management@max-deals.com (max-deals being my site)---these emails are not legit.

What is happening and how can I stop this?

Dawg

Always Working
Someone has entered your email address in their Address book and it is being picked up by one of the many virus's on the go.

Simplist thing is change the email address and use a contact form instead of listing the email.

Max

Participant
Dawg said:
Someone has entered your email address in their Address book and it is being picked up by one of the many virus's on the go.

Simplist thing is change the email address and use a contact form instead of listing the email.

Thanks!

I even made it easier on myself by using this free service: http://www.contactforms.com

It was quick, easy and painless!

Bryan

Lost in Ohio...
I've get alot of email directed at addresses that don't exist, I usually just :blackhole: or :fail: the addresses in cPanel that are getting junk...

I have received an email from a few people saying that we've sent them a virus infected email, and the address they say it came from is one we don't use... so I just tell them that it was spoofed and that it wasn't us that sent the email...

Lugh

Habitué
cybermomcafe said:
I usually just :blackhole: or :fail: the addresses in cPanel that are getting junk...
:blackhole: is a better alternative than :fail: since most spam has spoofed From and Reply-to addresses, so the :fail: bounce will never be received by the spammer--it's largely a waste of bandwidth and a hassle for whoever's address got spoofed.