Email Problems

hurricane_sh

Enthusiast
I registered a gmail account for my new forum, the forum use this gmail address as sender when sending out emails. I can use Gmail SMTP to send emails, but it's limited to 500 emails per day.

If I send emails directly, Gmail will mark it as spam. Is it possible to configure the forum as an authenticated sender of this gmail account? Gmail should have a setting to allow me to add trusted IPs, something like a spf record. Any suggestions?

Kevin

Oooh, something shiny!
If you're using a personal (free) GMail account then I think you're out of luck; if you need to send over 500 emails a day then you're better off using either your servers mail app' or using a paid solution like GSuite or AWS.

hurricane_sh

Enthusiast
Thanks for your reply! Yes, I want to use a personal Gmail account as sender. I have several GSuite accounts when it's called Google APP, I can still add alias domains for free, but this new forum's domain had been used in GSuite before, a paid account is needed to contact Google support to make it available.

I like the idea of external SMTP servers so that I don't have to worry about being blocked by various ISPs, it can be very troublesome when changing a hosting provider, it's virtual impossible to get a clean IP.

Kyrie

Fan
It depends on where your host originates. I've had that issue with some subpar shared hosting solutions.