Email Notification for Reported Post

Morg22

Aspirant
I apologize if this has been asked and answered, I did a search but didn't find anything.

I am moving from VBulletin to Xenforo and in VB whenever a post is flagged/reported the mods would receive an email notification. Is this still an active function in Xenforo 2.1.3? Also, is it possible to set permissions for a specific Forum/Node to have an email sent to the mods every time a new thread is started?

We have a marketplace where people can buy/sell/trade their golf equipment (we are a golf forum) and we like to approve every post before it goes up to make sure people aren't trying to sell counterfeit goods. Currently, the mods receive an email whenever a new thread is created in that specific Marketplace Forum/Node, and I would love to be able to have that again in Xenforo.

I hope that made sense. Thanks!

Ingenious

Fan
The way it's set up on mine is that reported posts create a thread in a staff sub-forum (I prefer this to the report centre which Xenforo also offers for reported content) and mods/admin "watch" or subscribe to that forum whatever the terminology is, so thus get an email alert when a new thread is created there.

You can also watch/subscribe to any other forum to get emails for new content, so yes you can get notified when new threads are created anywhere.

On mine I also use Pushover and the Pushover add-on by ChrisD so that I get an alert on my mobile phone too, very handy and often better than email for reported content as I can respond immediately.

Morg22

Aspirant
Those are both great ideas, and would definitely do exactly what I am looking for, thank you so much!!