ElkArte 1.0.5 released

emanuele

Bugs Developer
Another three months and another micro release out.

As usual some minor improvements few fixes (most theme-related), worth mention:
* added @ mentions to the quick modify as well
* updated FontAwesome to version 4.4
* added a confirmation step to the "remove like" function to avoid mistakes

More at http://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=2942.0

This will likely be the latest 1.0.x release, of course in case of major issues a new one will be released, though the focus is now moved almost entirely to 1.1.
The plan was to release 1.1 beta shortly after, though there will be a bit of delay in order to be able to add some more sauce to the next version (in other words: we want to break moar!! :p).
A month or so could be a good moment for the release of the first 1.1 beta. ;D

BioWarfare

The uphill battle
I like ElkArte but there aren't enough dedicated theme developers or I would use it for my own forum. I played around with it for a while and really liked it, just too small to really use right now, but I am always looking forward to new updates. Good luck with ElkArte.

DanielGarneau

Enthusiast
I'm starting a brand new forum so this would not be a problem for me, however, my concern is the other way around, if there are no means of moving from ElkArt to other software, it might become a problem. At this stage of my exploration, I would perhaps be willing to forget about this issue, if the software is really as easy to use as I perceive it to be from first impression, and if it does allow to build a decent and well structured forum that is user-friendly in today's standards.

emanuele

Bugs Developer
Yep, the "exit from" has been discussed. At the moment I want to push out 1.1 beta, then I'll go back at OpenImporter to fix anything I broke last time I touched and add an "export" for ElkArte (and make some new bug because we love bugs! :p).
It's a thing I planned since day 1, but as usual I've been sidetracked any time I tried. LOL