Effective registration page for new revenue stream?

gogoblender

shiny happy pantless
Hello gang!

After fifteen years of having fun with our forum we've only now realized that our registration page could be a way to connect to a new revenue stream?

We get about 300 registrations a month. We want to write up on the registration page a explanation for why they why they should just make a donation or do a recurring fee per month and purchase one of our Supporting Members badges
Anyone do this or have any ideas maybe a template from another forum that does this?

Thanks!
:)

gogo

Last edited:

DigNap15

Adherent
My Forum relies on donations
But I am not so sure if you should be nagging mew members to donate when they join
300 new registartions a month is a lot!
So maybe you afford to annoy a few of them.
I have put a small widget on my XF right panel panel.
But i'm not sure if my newbies see it.
So new strategies are always welcome!

gogoblender

shiny happy pantless
My Forum relies on donations
But I am not so sure if you should be nagging mew members to donate when they join
300 new registartions a month is a lot!
So maybe you afford to annoy a few of them.
I have put a small widget on my XF right panel panel.
But i'm not sure if my newbies see it.
So new strategies are always welcome!
Thanks for answering! I guess I mostly wanted to chat, reason this out with other forum owners to see what they psych take on this is.
heh, that word you used now "nag" resonates with me.. .and it kinda does feel like a nag...but we get so many registrations and we know most of them are there mostly for just picking up the free goodies then taking off. I feel like if i dont get something off the registration I may as well just open up downloads to guests and then not even ask for a registration?
Since we're asking for registration in the first place, perhaps a nicely worded positioning on the registration page could get me a small new revenue stream without much cost?

gogo

gogoblender

shiny happy pantless
I agree - I mention it in my new member welcome PM though :) So all new registrations do see it, just not during the sign-up process which I prefer to keep as simple as possible.
Ahhh, I completely forgot about that "welcome pm" ...
So a member first registers for your site, then after they do that they get a welcome pm? What software are you using, xen of ipb? We use IPB is this something I could get as a mod?
Perhaps this is better positioning of purchasing our subscribing members button as a pitch... a softer secondary follow up ^^

gogo