Easiest method of integrating Woocommerce compatibility into a non-Woocommerce theme?

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Kween of Hearts ⚧
Okay. So I'm just finishing up a custom WordPress theme. My client wants to use Woocommerce as an eCommerce solution. I've never really coded a theme to be compatible with Woocommerce though. If I'm to be honest - The task seems a challenge that I *want* to take on - but one that completely terrifies me at the same time. Yep - would've thunk it?? /me with any sort of terrified bone in me body ==> Scaredy cat :cat: LOL

Okay - so I'm being a bit melodramatic...

Anyway. I've seen Wootheme's Third party / custom / non-WC theme compatibility guide. I've already used the first option there which says to copy/rename page.php to woocommerce.php, making a few edits so that the page loop is removed and replaced by Woocommerce content. It actually seems good and without a doubt the simplest solution. Using such a method - it seems that I'd only need to customize the Woocommerce .css to match the main site design.

I've yet to try their second option which is a bit more involved.

My question is .... Can anyone advise as to the easiest method to make a theme compatible with Woocommerce? Perhaps you guys can link to a complete, step-by-step guide that makes integrating Woocommerce into a non-WC compatible theme much easier? An "Integrating Woocommerce For Dummies" big thick yellow book would be super :creeper:

I'll appreciate all help. Thanks!

J.

PoetJC

No Woocommerce users around? :(

PoetJC

Do you still need help on this J?
Nope. I did a bit of research and found some helpful resources.
I ended up modifying the Woocommerce to the clients liking, styling it to match his site design. It was time-consuming work - but the results were really nice!
Thanks for asking!

J.