"Easier" Login for Xenforo forums - Actual implementation?

ner8

Aspirant
Is their any technical instructions on how to achieve a simple login form on xenforo? by simplify I mean separating login from register, I searched google and couldn't find any relevant thread, I have a basic understanding of php and I can do html and css, I also know how to use template modifications and extra.css.

I'm currently not in a mindset to wrap the logical approach to this.

What I want to achieve:

1st: Login or signup > make it (login). phrase editing?

dropdown login menu appears.

2nd: Change (Do you already have an account?) to (Password) by editing the phrase & re-position it to be before the password form? How?

3rd: Remove "yes my password is". display:none?

4th: Auto-Check and Hide "input type radio" next to "password". The first part where I autocheck is already in place, although hiding the radio input type, I think would be done by offsetting: left:-9999999?

5th: Add next to "Forgot your password", a link to registration page with a href of "Don't have an account? Register". How?

I'd appreciate input on any of the steps mentioned above. And I think it would aid anyone looking to accomplish this.

Last edited:

OUTL4W

<style>OUTL4W GFX</style> :p
are you wanting to accomplish this within the login bar? or something like this in the sidebar?
upload_2016-10-17_22-17-51.jpeg

OUTL4W

I tweaked the login bar to just simply show
upload_2016-10-18_11-29-57.jpeg

is this what you were looking for? It is just a simple template edit to the login_bar_form. You can tweak to your liking as well.

on the login_bar_form template find
Code:
<li><label for="ctrl_not_registered"><input type="radio" name="register" value="1" id="ctrl_not_registered" tabindex="105" />
                        {xen:phrase no_create_account_now}</label></li>
then just comment it out as such:
Code:
<xen:comment><li><label for="ctrl_not_registered"><input type="radio" name="register" value="1" id="ctrl_not_registered" tabindex="105" />
                        {xen:phrase no_create_account_now}</label></li></xen:comment>
example:
upload_2016-10-18_11-28-40.jpeg

if wanting to remove both radio buttons then comment out the 2nd radio button:
Code:
<xen:comment><li><label for="ctrl_registered"><input type="radio" name="register" value="0" id="ctrl_registered" tabindex="105" checked="checked" class="Disabler" />
                        {xen:phrase yes_my_password_is}:</label></li></xen:comment>
example:
upload_2016-10-18_11-29-13.jpeg
if wanting to remove the text "Do you already have an account?"
on same template look for:
Code:
<label for="ctrl_password">{xen:phrase do_you_already_have_account}</label>
and wrap it with <xen:comment></xen:comment>

to add a simple "register" button...on the same template look for:
Code:
<label for="ctrl_remember" class="rememberPassword"><input type="checkbox" name="remember" value="1" id="ctrl_remember" tabindex="103" /> {xen:phrase stay_logged_in}</label>

add after:
Code:
<br><a class="button" href="{xen:link 'register'}">Register Now!</a><span style="color: #fff;"> - Don't have an account?</span>
or use what ever text you want to for the "register" button along with what text color you prefer.

a couple different versions are shown but I eventually just used the 1st image above for the login bar. Hopefully this will allow some to modify how they want.

Last edited:

mysiteguy

Migration Expert

ner8

Aspirant
form on xenforo? by simplify I mean separating
I tweaked the login bar to just simply show
View attachment 44379

is this what you were looking for? It is just a simple template edit to the login_bar_form. You can tweak to your liking as well.

on the login_bar_form template find
Code:
<li><label for="ctrl_not_registered"><input type="radio" name="register" value="1" id="ctrl_not_registered" tabindex="105" />
                        {xen:phrase no_create_account_now}</label></li>
then just comment it out as such:
Code:
<xen:comment><li><label for="ctrl_not_registered"><input type="radio" name="register" value="1" id="ctrl_not_registered" tabindex="105" />
                        {xen:phrase no_create_account_now}</label></li></xen:comment>
example:

if wanting to remove both radio buttons then comment out the 2nd radio button:
Code:
<xen:comment><li><label for="ctrl_registered"><input type="radio" name="register" value="0" id="ctrl_registered" tabindex="105" checked="checked" class="Disabler" />
                        {xen:phrase yes_my_password_is}:</label></li></xen:comment>
example:
if wanting to remove the text "Do you already have an account?"
on same template look for:
Code:
<label for="ctrl_password">{xen:phrase do_you_already_have_account}</label>
and wrap it with <xen:comment></xen:comment>

to add a simple "register" button...on the same template look for:
Code:
<label for="ctrl_remember" class="rememberPassword"><input type="checkbox" name="remember" value="1" id="ctrl_remember" tabindex="103" /> {xen:phrase stay_logged_in}</label>

add after:
Code:
<br><a class="button" href="{xen:link 'register'}">Register Now!</a><span style="color: #fff;"> - Don't have an account?</span>
or use what ever text you want to for the "register" button along with what text color you prefer.

a couple different versions are shown but I eventually just used the 1st image above for the login bar.

Wow dude, as simple as it was, I couldn't think of it, thanks.

OUTL4W

update...I changed it up with:
regButton.gif
added css "animate pulse" attribute just to make it even more noticeable.