Don't suppose anyone here has any contacts at YouTube?

zappaDPJ

It's quite funny really (not really). When I originally spoke to the police, I spoke to a female officer and she was completely appalled by what was going on and felt there was a definite case to be followed. But then it was passed to her male sergeant whose comments included "well, he's not physically touched her yet, has he?", "She shouldn't be so sensitive", and other gems.

That's lamentable but I'm not surprised, In 60 years I've not had a single encounter with the police that didn't end badly and compared to many I'm reasonably law abiding.

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
If they're backup you should report them again. It means he only made them private previously and didn't delete them.

One of them seems to have private conversation screenshots with your daughter, perhaps you can get them pulled for that, I don't know.

View attachment 53147

I can't bear to watch any more of the whiney little twat, but it's a tough one because from what I have watched he's not posted anything purely vindictive and malicious, or doxxed her or anything, and he's mixed it in with content where he trys to portray himself as the victim. He's guilty of being a dick and causing a huge amount of mental anguish for you guys though, so you could argue it's bullying and try to get other people to report it under that premise. You need exact timestaps for the report though.

View attachment 53148

But he's also thriving off all the backlash and using it to make more content, so probably best not to comment or engage directly with him anymore in the comments.
It was initially taken down due to the screenshots of her face and I think one of them had video footage of her as well. He may have edited out the more unsavoury things he had to say. I haven't rewatched them, hit the video,, paused it and reported it. I've blocked the url to his site completely at the house so no one can access it (I did it via my phone), and she has blocked it on her phone so she's not tempted to look. I have to assume he's edited them in some way. I don't spend a lot of time on YouTube other than to listen to music, so I'm not up on how they deal with things, but they did send me an email back in Feb (I think) telling me they had removed both those videos.

I did notice he seems to have deleted the comments by the psycho Javier - so that's something.

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
That's lamentable but I'm not surprised, In 60 years I've not had a single encounter with the police that didn't end badly and compared to many I'm reasonably law abiding.
It was a new experience for me. In fact, it was my other half who pointed out the differences in the way each person was dealing and reacting to it.

FYI you can apparently follow the progress of your reports at this link https://www.youtube.com/reporthistory
That's interesting! Thanks, I'll go check that out.

salem

Adherent
Sounds to me that the sergeant is stuck in the seventies and is totally ignorant of the impact of social media .
he's also wrong as one of the oldest laws has been broken "Misuse of the telecommunications act "
I had a quick word with my GM ,( hope you don't mind) who happens to deal with child issues at her school , unfortunately not youtube .
I can PM her reply if you like ( I don't have permission to quote ) the one down side is that it's based on scots law.

Alex.

The Ancient Dragon
Fax YouTube's San Bruno office. If you don't use Fax, you can use an e-fax type of service. There's usually one or two with 5-10 free pages initially. You can also try getting YouTube's attention at their @teamyoutube handle.

Back in the day, we had other methods of alleviating issues like this.

Alex.

The Ancient Dragon
If he is using video footage without permission or any other image copyright strike his channel only strike one at the time 3 strikes and his channel is gone. Second ir first try contacting Lawful Masses Leonard French he is a lawyer in USA he might know how to handle this with YouTube. Second go to see a lawyer for a restraining order and how to handle, he might give his mother crap but restraining orders are no crap.

b.t.w. Reddit r/legaladvice say you are UK based and whats going on there people there that are great with legal stuff they are not a joke.
That actually would work. Technically, you could also claim there was no model release form. When I buy stock images or video where humans are in the frame, I also get a model release form copy as part of the purchase. Technically, this is for commercializing material, but it would still count.

User37935

Neophyte
Having been on the receiving end of a psycho stalking me, I sympathise, it is a truly awful experience (in my case, the Police were in fact a lot of help, but then I guess death threats spur the law into action).

Happy to report any YouTube content Lisa, if you want strength of numbers hitting report, I'm sure many others here would too.

Lisa

Chaotically Proportional
Sounds to me that the sergeant is stuck in the seventies and is totally ignorant of the impact of social media .
he's also wrong as one of the oldest laws has been broken "Misuse of the telecommunications act "
I had a quick word with my GM ,( hope you don't mind) who happens to deal with child issues at her school , unfortunately not youtube .
I can PM her reply if you like ( I don't have permission to quote ) the one down side is that it's based on scots law.
I'd really appreciate that, thanks. Anything is worth looking at.

Fax YouTube's San Bruno office. If you don't use Fax, you can use an e-fax type of service. There's usually one or two with 5-10 free pages initially. You can also try getting YouTube's attention at their @teamyoutube handle.

Back in the day, we had other methods of alleviating issues like this.
I've tried tweeting them. They never acknowledged it.

That actually would work. Technically, you could also claim there was no model release form. When I buy stock images or video where humans are in the frame, I also get a model release form copy as part of the purchase. Technically, this is for commercializing material, but it would still count.
They did originally remove the videos with her footage in it. He's put them back up since.

Having been on the receiving end of a psycho stalking me, I sympathise, it is a truly awful experience (in my case, the Police were in fact a lot of help, but then I guess death threats spur the law into action).

Happy to report any YouTube content Lisa, if you want strength of numbers hitting report, I'm sure many others here would too.
Thanks. I'm not sure what anyone else could report him for (other than possible misogyny and being a complete dick) but every little helps :love:

Kevin

Oooh, something shiny!
Thanks. I'm not sure what anyone else could report him for (other than possible misogyny and being a complete dick) but every little helps :love:

From what you've described, I'd think "Hateful or abusive content" and then "Abusing vulnerable individuals" and/or "Bullying" would be apt.

I offered back on page 1, just PM the URL. ;)

upload_2019-7-16_17-16-55.pngupload_2019-7-16_17-17-36.png