Do you love your control panel?

Overscan

Aspirant
Used Webmin/Virtualmin many years ago, now I just use SSH and manage the server the old fashioned way. Better for security - you can't get in without my SSH key - and I am fully responsible for the management of the server. I use Ansible to automate patching of my 3 servers in turn. If you know Linux well, its a no-brainer.

Yes I'm a nerd, but Gen X, not a boomer.

zoldos

Lord Malleus
Used Webmin/Virtualmin many years ago, now I just use SSH and manage the server the old fashioned way. Better for security - you can't get in without my SSH key - and I am fully responsible for the management of the server. I use Ansible to automate patching of my 3 servers in turn. If you know Linux well, its a no-brainer.

Yes I'm a nerd, but Gen X, not a boomer.
I use some remote console and some Plesk. I still haven't figured out how to set up SSH though! Can you give me some pointers? I use Kitty (a variant of Putty) to logon to my dedicated server with a ginormous password. lol

Danloona

Aspirant
I personally use DirectAdmin bundled with CloudLinux software like alt-php and Imunify360 in my opinion it does great.
Also DirectAdmin is highly customizable.

I've spent some bucks on cPanel and Plesk, but the new theme of cPanel is absolute junk which feels completely unfinished.
Plesk is highly problematic with CloudLinux so I try avoid it in my environment.

zoldos

Lord Malleus
I personally use DirectAdmin bundled with CloudLinux software like alt-php and Imunify360 in my opinion it does great.
Also DirectAdmin is highly customizable.

I've spent some bucks on cPanel and Plesk, but the new theme of cPanel is absolute junk which feels completely unfinished.
Plesk is highly problematic with CloudLinux so I try avoid it in my environment.
I guess I'm lucky that Plesk 18 is included in my hosting package. I like it much more than cPanel which I used for years. I've never heard of DirectAdmin.

Tracy Perry

Opinionated asshat
All a "control panel" does is steal resources from your site.
You want the ultimate... currently use CentOS and CentMinMod (eventually AlmaLinux).
Anything else and you are simply stealing resources from your site.
For email sending.. Amazon SES will do ALL you need it to do, and will most likely be delivered more reliably than your "Panel" hosted email will.