Do you love your control panel?

CrimsonGalaxy

Habitué
Since cPanel is so expensive I decided to go with a free alternative called fast panel. It is ok but I wish I could afford cPanel. I much prefer it but it is so expensive. Plus it is so resource intensive that it may not work on my 1gb RAM VPS That I have til 3/2023. So fastpanel is good for now.

Deathstarr

Forum Owner
DirectAdmin is cheaper and does what I need I dont need all the bells and whistles and the style. No one sees it but me and as long as I can do what i need to do Im fine.

Cpanel just got to costly
DirectAdmin is good
there are a few other panels that are free that I have loaded on some VPSs to test out.
ISPconfig is pretty decent for centOS
Webuzo is good.
VestaCP

mysiteguy

Migration Expert
Check out Litespeed Cyberpanel. Super easy to use, all the top features. Apache compatible .htaccess yet Litespeed server capabilities (which are better than Nginx). Supports HTTP/2 and HTTP/3. It can also restore backups made from CPanel. Works with most flavors of Linux too.

I used to use CWP and Cpanel, but everything new these days I deploy Cyberpanel. Best part is it's free, you only need to pay if you need to enterprise version features (most sites won't) and that's only $15/month.

vikvaliant

Participant
Virtualmin here as well. It's plain-looking as some stated compared to the others but I like it because it generally updates existing server configurations, so you can switch between the GUI and command line for most things without worrying about breaking the control panel. Whichever is more comfortable or faster for the user.

The free version is open source and full-featured with community support. And the pay version with professional support is inexpensive. What that means is that I can run as many copies as I want for prod, test, dev, etc. at no cost. I pay for one copy to support the devs, though I never had a need for professional services.

Automatic backups, backing up and restoring sites from one Virtualmin server to another, database management, email management, SSL (with free Let's Encrypt built in), etc., is all easy to do once you get used to the look and feel.

Last edited:

ThornInYourSide

Participant
ICDSoft has their own inhouse version, but it seems like nobody here uses them.

(Can we post referral codes/links here?)

ZoneAlarm is the only thing I ever tried that screwed up a home PC so bad I almost couldn't recover it.

DigNap15

Fan
I'm with Siteground and they have their own control panel.
I think they did to avoid paying cpanel and to be able to control what is in it.
I have no experience with other control panels