Do you log out of a site when you're done with it?

cheat_master30

Fanatic
As in, when you stop posting on The Admin Zone, do you log out of your account afterwards?

Personally, I don't. Never really saw the need to log out of anything afterwards, unless I needed to change accounts for some reason. Helps that I don't exactly use this computer in a coffee shop or other public place, so security risks are minimal.

So yeah, do you log out of a site when you're 'done' for a while?

zappaDPJ

I don't if I'm using devices that belong exclusively to me.

zaboca

Adherent
If I'm on my personal devices, then no. However, for sites like online banking and the like, I do logout out of habit.

Empire

Devotee
Logging in takes 6 seconds. Logging out takes 6 seconds.

6 + 6 = 12 seconds.

Average user logs in twice a day = 24 seconds.

24 x 365 = 8760 seconds

Time lost in a year = 2 Hours, 25 Minutes and 59 Seconds

Moral of the day: Stay logged in

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Kween of Hearts ⚧
I generally stay logged in unless on a public computer like at the library or some such.

J.

Wes of StarArmy

Adherent
No, but I do lock my computer screen every time I get up from the desk.

I would only log out if I was using a shared or public PC (and with those I use incognito mode as an extra protection against leaving sites logged in).

lordi

Adherent
when on my home pc or phone I dont,
but on office pc, then yes, and sometimes I even use incognito or private browser ehehehe

davemacc

Fan
If its a normal user account on a personal device ill stay logged in. If it's a shared device / computer or I'm using an administration account I will always log out.

gog1970

Enthusiast
As in, when you stop posting on The Admin Zone, do you log out of your account afterwards?

Personally, I don't. Never really saw the need to log out of anything afterwards, unless I needed to change accounts for some reason. Helps that I don't exactly use this computer in a coffee shop or other public place, so security risks are minimal.

So yeah, do you log out of a site when you're 'done' for a while?

It depends on the site e.g Facebook and this site i always log off

BioWarfare

The uphill battle
I stay logged in. When I get logged out randomly, it's pretty tedious to go look up my password for the specific forum. This is why I haven't been on TAZ for a few days. Just checked the forum today and I was logged back in out of nowhere.

ozzy47

Tazmanian Master
I stay logged in. When I get logged out randomly, it's pretty tedious to go look up my password for the specific forum. This is why I haven't been on TAZ for a few days. Just checked the forum today and I was logged back in out of nowhere.

Hold on, so you were randomly logged out of here, and then you were somehow logged back in without doing so?

BioWarfare

The uphill battle
Hold on, so you were randomly logged out of here, and then you were somehow logged back in without doing so?
Yes. I wasn't logged in last few days and when I checked today I was logged back in. Maybe a glitch with Safari or something. Or maybe I logged back in and forgot? I could've also been using Chrome, but I have no history with TAZ on Chrome.

Solidus

Stupid machines!
I clear cookies and cache on everything when I'm done browsing.

Spiralcannon2-CW

Participant
I don't, normally, but I usually end up forgetting to check 'keep me logged in' or I clear browsing data.