Do you ever feel indifferent toward your site?

zappaDPJ

Administrator
It's rewarding, in part because I know it's become a second home for some people: I know that because members have often told me that they don't know what they would do without it.
Nicely put :) I think that's true of a lot of established forums and something we should all try and remember before we start rearranging the furniture or worse, closing the forum down.

DigNap15

Fan
I'm an older guy, and I do everything myself, back office, admin and I'm the only modertor

It has been a good ride for the first two years

But I often wonder why I do it, so many hours of my life.

But then I get a pm from a member saying they really appreciate the forum,

And that makes me feel better

Last edited:

kolakube

Participant
It's rewarding, in part because I know it's become a second home for some people: I know that because members have often told me that they don't know what they would do without it. I'm still pretty hands-on there even after all these years.

Nicely put :) I think that's true of a lot of established forums and something we should all try and remember before we start rearranging the furniture or worse, closing the forum down.
Too true. Stats & analytics tools can reveal a lot but they don't measure the "human impact" from us admins showing up consistently to our sites.