[Discussion] Google bots increasing

die2mrw007

Adherent
I wonder how come all of a sudden Google bots are increasing in my forum. It never used to be multiple bots for Google.... Nowadays I see a lot bots from Google.

Attachments

• 242_.jpg
    242_.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 6

die2mrw007

Adherent
It's inevitable once you're modestly busy.

but this is really surprising...as I read in many admin forums that google has just one bot which will crawl the site....
Maybe google has changed their crawling system

famade

Neophyte
No, it isn't surprising. If the forum is active, Google will notice and send more bots to keep up to date with content.

If Google's only sending one bot, it thinks your forum is too quiet to be worth sending any more.

die2mrw007

Adherent
No, it isn't surprising. If the forum is active, Google will notice and send more bots to keep up to date with content.

If Google's only sending one bot, it thinks your forum is too quiet to be worth sending any more.

oooh, this is something positive :)
Nice to hear :)

Forum page rank is 1/10 and blog page rank is 2/10
Need to improve on this.... though this thing is still a mystery about improving it :D

Shawn G

Tazmanian Addict
Page Rank isn't that important anymore and remember PR is page-specific meaning that just ONE page is attaining the PR. On a forum, trying to get every page high PR will likely cause others to see you as a spammer AND it would be one hell of an exhausting process lol.

Instead of worrying about PR, worry about adding fresh new content that is worth a read and you will see google bot stalk your forum some more ;)