DiscourseHosting?

Blueh

Aspirant
Hi, I'm interested in creating a new community using discourse but I don't know how to use a dedicated server (config mail, security etc.) and I think pay 100$ for official service is too much for now, so I want to know what opinion you have about DiscourseHosting.com and what other similar services exist.

HybridVM

HybridVM - Dedicated Hosting
Hi, I'm interested in creating a new community using discourse but I don't know how to use a dedicated server (config mail, security etc.) and I think pay 100$ for official service is too much for now, so I want to know what opinion you have about DiscourseHosting.com and what other similar services exist.

You only need about 2GB-4GB to run Discourse no need to get someone to manage it for you. The install takes literally 10 minutes and runs smoothly after that, you can install it on a VPS which can cost you about $5-$10 per month. I however have installed this for a few folks in the past if you need some quality hosting and a quick install get at me and I can do it for you.

Blueh

Aspirant
mmmm, sounds easy but I dont know how configure server security, ip domain, mail etc... :(

M3lvin

Neophyte
DiscourseHosting has a pretty good reputation from what I've read here and there. If you really don't want to manage anything but the board, this is probably your best option as far as I know.

Then, you have other choices like paying for a 2GB droplet at DigitalOcean (some intel here) , or you might have a look at 1and1 or a2hosting for quick installs (from what they advertise, I honestly have not tried these hosters at all).