Discourse 2.2

MagicalAzareal

Magical Developer
https://blog.discourse.org/2019/02/discourse-2-2-released/
Discourse 2.2 was released a few months back.

It has...

Improvements to the inline search.

A feature which shows you which devices recently accessed your account.

SVG icons instead of icon fonts to dramatically reduce bandwidth usage and improve customisability.

More responsive image thumbnails sized to the specific mobile width to further reduce mobile data plan usage.

Staff are automatically emailed, if the software suspects that they've been compromised.

A Content Security Policy header to make XSS completely impossible.

The ability to move posts to a private message.

Theming improvements.

Auto-closing polls.

A bunch of other things.

Alpha1

Administrator
There are some nice enhancements in there. The recent devices & locations feature is nicely implemented. IMHO all forum software should have this. It would save us quite a few support questions.

This one is very nice as well:
Furthermore, for staff only, we will alert you via email if we detect logins from two very distant locations in a brief time interval. We may expand support for this in the future, but right now we want to make sure it’s working well and alert only the highest privilege accounts for any unusual login scenarios.

baconfist

Neophyte
Thinking about something new and more mobile friendly and initial research showed Discourse may offer this. Any advise on moving from Vbulletin to Discourse?

overcast

Adherent
I wish they get ported to the cpanel and that way I can get it working on my shared host.

MagicalAzareal

Magical Developer
I wish they get ported to the cpanel and that way I can get it working on my shared host.
VPS Master Race :p

But seriously, VPS' are pretty powerful, although I haven't really been keeping track of what's been happening in the shared space for quite some time.