Digg For Promotion

giftedwon

Aspirant
its not even about digging your own stuff. i did other peoples as well. its all about putting your links in your profile. i get over 100 profile views a day and a good amount of traffic from digg to my forums

Dave White

Enthusiast
IMO there is no harm in trying out Digg. If you follow the things correctly you'll get good results form it.

c4b

Aspirant
I got a thread post on Digg about a week ago.. I got about 6k uniques on that day and around 10 registrations. But our adsense earnings for that day was around 6 times more than we usually get.

Like people have said, Digg won't hurt.. its actually pretty good (some people will link to you in their blogs and on forums if they think your story is interesting enough).. but don't expect every single user to register.

Scooty

Neophyte
I dugg a few blogs on my site and they showed up in Google in a few hours and it shocked me, so yeah, I'm going for it until it takes a turn for the worse.

ryangraff

Neophyte
Re:

I'm also using Digg.com for my site promotion, but didn;t get so much benefit from this. Yes , I got 3-5 visitor and 5 digg for my site. Please suggest, will it hamper my site if I'm using Digg directly for my site not for site blog or site articles?

m1k30rz

Aspirant
I use it a lil bit but its not too useful I dont think, best just for getting google to see your new site ;)

ge0rge

Aspirant
actually got this to work really well 2 days ago, i put up streaming links for the liverpool v aston villa game on my site and submitted them to digg. when i went to check after having dinner i found that in just an hour and a half the page i uploaded to digg was on the first page of google for 'liverpool aston villa stream', and that i had picked up 20 members. that may seem like a small amunt for some, but before i only had 3!:yippee:

Truelyana

Enthusiast
I've just submitted my site to Digg, and I there is quite a number of guests on my site right now, from it I believe. We'll see what it brings. Would be nice to attract some new members. :)

dekard

Participant
I've just submitted my site to Digg, and I there is quite a number of guests on my site right now, from it I believe. We'll see what it brings. Would be nice to attract some new members. :)
Remember, for most sites the Digg effect is cumulative. So, be patient and you'll be rewarded.

Truelyana

Enthusiast
Remember, for most sites the Digg effect is cumulative. So, be patient and you'll be rewarded.

I understand. I also decided to digg the most popular topics, on the forum. I have noticed a couple of guests, lurking in those topics.

dekard

Participant
Sure, and if you have new articles or blogs that you post make sure you digg those as soon as you post them. My CMS allowed me to put a digg link on every article and forum thread. So, I've done that and so the users can digg those if they like them.

Now, I did make sure that those digg links on the articles weren't too obnoxious and on the forums they are downright subtle!