Deleting lines

Ryan88

Enthusiast
I will put image in code, cant edit and image looks blank when i paste it.

Code:
http://imgur.com/a/tYrW7

mysiteguy

Fanatic
That URL is to an HTML page, not to an image itself. HTML pages won't render in img tags.

And the question in your first post doesn't make any sense, what are you trying to do? Details, details... :)

Ryan88

Enthusiast
I want to delete everything from plugin except New button. I did that with Firebug, but cant find file where is that as you said html code so i can delete it in ftp.

BrandonSheley

loving life
You do know that changes made from the front end source isn't going to change your site at all right?

mysiteguy

Fanatic
All Firebug is going to do is change what you see that one time, since you're changing the HTML delivered to your computer, not the HTML in the template used by whatever software and plugin you're referring to.

Unfortunately, I have no idea of what software and plugin you're referring to. :(

Ryan88

Enthusiast
lol i know that i just wanted to see how its gonna looks like. Plugin is wpdatatables, cms is wordpress. I just want to find that code from image above in file on ftp but dont know where is it located.

BrandonSheley

loving life
Well if it's a plugin then I'd start in the wp-includes/plugin folder :)

but you can edit plugins right from wordpress as well, admin > plugins > editor
Rarely a reason to use your ftp client with wordpress ;)

Ryan88

Enthusiast
I know but for security reasons i disabled wp editor from .htaccess Can you tell me which file?

Ryan88

Enthusiast
EDIT: I copy code from firebug:

HTML:
<table id="table_2" class="display responsive nowrap data-t wpDataTable dataTable no-footer" style="" data-described-by="table_2_desc" data-wpdatatable_id="4" role="grid" aria-describedby="table_2_info"><thead><tr role="row"><th data-class="expand" class="header sort  name sorting_asc" style="" tabindex="0" aria-controls="table_2" rowspan="1" colspan="1" aria-sort="ascending" aria-label="name: activate to sort column descending">name</th><th class="header sort  lastname sorting" style="" tabindex="0" aria-controls="table_2" rowspan="1" colspan="1" aria-label="lastname: activate to sort column ascending">lastname</th><th class="header sort  city sorting" style="" tabindex="0" aria-controls="table_2" rowspan="1" colspan="1" aria-label="city: activate to sort column ascending">city</th></tr></thead><tbody><tr id="table_4_row_3" role="row" class="odd"><td style="" class="name sorting_1"><span class="responsiveExpander"></span>1 test</td><td style="" class="  lastname">1 test</td><td style="" class="  city">1 test</td></tr><tr id="table_4_row_4" role="row" class="even"><td style="" class="name sorting_1"><span class="responsiveExpander"></span>2</td><td style="" class="  lastname">3</td><td style="" class="  city">4</td></tr><tr id="table_4_row_2" role="row" class="odd"><td style="" class="name sorting_1"><span class="responsiveExpander"></span>aaatest</td><td style="" class="  lastname">aaatest</td><td style="" class="  city">aaatest</td></tr><tr id="table_4_row_0" role="row" class="even"><td style="" class="name sorting_1"><span class="responsiveExpander"></span>NameTest</td><td style="" class="  lastname">LastTest</td><td style="" class="  city">CityTest</td></tr><tr id="table_4_row_1" role="row" class="odd"><td style="" class="name sorting_1"><span class="responsiveExpander"></span>Peter</td><td style="" class="  lastname">Peter</td><td style="" class="  city">Peter</td></tr></tbody></table>

I took small piece example "table_2" and i used notepad++ to search text in files but i cant find it... its really annoying. Its somewhere on site and i cant figure out where is it.

BrandonSheley

loving life
It's going to be in your plugin folder Ryan88 like my post above said. :)

What's the wordpress.org link for that plugin?

Last edited:

Ryan88

Enthusiast
Its from codecanyon. I set it zippyshare private so ppl cant find it.

Code:
http://www103.zippyshare.com/v/NyX2kCzH/file.html

Ryan88

Enthusiast
Cant edit. Because of plugin, i need to make 2 tables which i did on test site. So 1 is for users, 2 is for guest. But guest is just pulling mysql query from 1st one because there is no option on 1st table that user add row and everyone see it, only users see that table. 2nd table is as i said pulling mysql query from 1st and everyone can see it. So i just want to hide everything from 1st table except button New. I still cant belive there is no option that users can set table to public.

BrandonSheley

loving life
Its from codecanyon. I set it zippyshare private so ppl cant find it.
Please provide a link to the plugin release page, sales page or whatever documentation that developer has. We, or rather I, can't, help until I know what I'm helping with.

If that's a paid script then sharing it is a big no no...

Ryan88

Enthusiast
I know about that, trust me. Thing is if i make 1st table where registered users can add row to table, that table can be only visible to registered users not all (registered and guests). Thats why i needed to make 2 tables.

There are 2 possibilities from my view:

1. To edit this option: Users see and edit only their data Limit editing to user's own data only.
Set this to checked if you would like front-end users to see and edit only their own data, i.e. rows with their WordPress user ID.

that everyone can see that table (registered and visitors).

2. Make 2 tables, hide everything from first table except button New (because 2nd table is based on mysql querry and Edit/Delete buttons cant do nothing because i show only 2nd table. These options works only on 1st table).

This is what i wanted to do because i thought its easy but its not.

Ryan88

Enthusiast
Edit: To make visible/hidden option i can remove only table, but still i can see:

Show X entries
Search
Showing 1 to 1 of 1 entries
Pagination
Edit and Delete button

Ryan88

Enthusiast
Developer:

So if you create 2 wpDataTables - one read-only, another writable - but link to the same data source (MySQL table), it will show the same data.
There's no config option out of the box to leave only the new/edit/delete, but it's possible to hide everything except for the table with CSS.

I dont know im i expained enough. There is no option in plugin where you can hide some things, table yes, but still there is as i said before:

Show X entries
Search
Showing 1 to 1 of 1 entries
Pagination
Edit and Delete button

Plugin supports 2 options:

1. Where guest can create new row and only he can see it.

2. Where registered user can create new row and only registered users can see it.

What i want is this second thing but to allow everyone to see it.