Database Errors. Any Insight?

Taylor

Sexier Than You
PHP Errors. Any Insight?

Greetings! One of my users just found this little error. I haven't heard back about what query he was using, but I'll update the post when he tells me.

Anyone have ideas about what might cause this? I'm using vB3.7 and have had VBSEO installed for ever. No recent modifications to the db or plugins installed. Though, we did have a server crash last Friday.

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /data/home/stratics/public_html/subdomains/vboards/vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_createurl.php on line 528

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /data/home/stratics/public_html/subdomains/vboards/vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_createurl.php on line 530

Warning: array_keys() [function.array-keys]: The first argument should be an array in [path]/includes/class_core.php on line 1352

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/includes/class_core.php on line 1352
vBulletin datastore error caused by one or more of the following:

You may have uploaded vBulletin 3.6 files without also running the vBulletin upgrade script. If you have not run the upgrade script, do so now.
The datastore cache may have been corrupted. Run Rebuild Bitfields from tools.php, which you can upload from the do_not_upload folder of the vBulletin package.

Fatal error: vBulletin datastore cache incomplete or corrupt in [path]/includes/init.php on line 221

Last edited:

djbaxter

Tazmanian Veteran
The datastore cache may have been corrupted. Run Rebuild Bitfields from tools.php, which you can upload from the do_not_upload folder of the vBulletin package.

Fatal error: vBulletin datastore cache incomplete or corrupt in [path]/includes/init.php on line 221

1. Rebuild the datascore cache bydisabling and then re-enabling one of your add-ons.

2. Use phpMyAdmin to repair and then optimize all your database tables.

3. Has your PHP or MySQL version been updated recently on the servber?

Taylor

Sexier Than You
No recent changes to PHP or MySQL on the server. My concern with updating the tables is that we have several users with custom post counts and I'm worried that these will be reset. Do you know?

VBulletin recommended that I re-upload all files, but this may conflict with template modifications, plugins, etc. :<

Our SYSOP made some kind of hack to at least hide the error. Trying to collect more data about what's causing the problem.

Thank you for your help, meanwhile.

Judge Dredd

Old Guy
If you're worried about post counts, have the users write down their counts and send them to you, and then set them in the ACP once the datastore cache is reset.

Optimising your database will NOT reset any data, at least to my knowledge, and I optimise every week.

Taylor

Sexier Than You
Unfortunately, I'm not sure which users have custom post counts. We've been running for 13 years and have 160,000 users. :<

I'll research more on optimizing, though. Surely I'm not the first person to wonder about this.

Judge Dredd

Old Guy
Unfortunately, I'm not sure which users have custom post counts. We've been running for 13 years and have 160,000 users. :<

I'll research more on optimizing, though. Surely I'm not the first person to wonder about this.

Lucky bastard!

LOL

Anyway, maybe make a global announcement?

djbaxter

Tazmanian Veteran
No recent changes to PHP or MySQL on the server. My concern with updating the tables is that we have several users with custom post counts and I'm worried that these will be reset. Do you know?

Clearing the datastore or doing a repair and optimize on the tables will not affect any of your user counts or other data.

punchbowl

Adherent
Had this out of the blue last night. Well no db error just the datastore cache message. Bizarre.

Forum worked fine when I commented out
Code:
$config['Datastore']['class'] = 'vB_Datastore_APC';

Used tools to rebuild bitfields but it wasn't until I ran /index.php?do=buildbitfields than some odd permission issues were ironed out.

What could've caused this? Given that I changed nothing.

MKiera

Aspirant
PHP Errors. Any Insight?

"not an array or object in"

Just found this thread via google, know it's an old one, but running Vb 3.8 on legacy php 5.4.45 am now having same problem that Taylor describes. The array problem is easy, just prior explicit declare any amiss function variable as an array ie: "$vbulletin->datastore = array();"

In re to the "corrupt datastore" and bitfields will try what djbaxter suggests but am currently unable to log in at all instead am getting:

System Message "You have been banned for the following reason "

On my own forum? A hack? Wanted to "subscribe to thread" will update when progress.

THX!