OKie, perfect place for my story. I teach school...and for a while taught middle school. One day one of my more ...err....creative chaps showed up in class with a red peeling face, no eyebrows or eyelashes and a hunk of his hair singed and missing from the top of his forehead.
I asked him what happened.
He smirked and told me that he was mowing the lawn and ran out of gas. Said the gas exploded on him while he was pouring it into the mower.
Next day I read the newpaper "police blotter" which described this story:
A middle school boy set his family's storage shed on fire while playing with gasoline from the lawn mower, a bottle, a rag, some fire crackers and some matches and the family cat. Although the storage shed was a total loss, the family was more upset over the loss of the cat which died after all its fur caught fire. The 12 year old suffered minor burns to his face.
I'm not sure this kid learned his lesson. He thought it quite funny.
I went through my pyro days, though never something to that extent, my friends and I were more set on fireworks (large arangement to wake the entire neighborhood), but we never tried to set a cat nor a shed on fire heh.
About the largest extent was trying to make our own fireworks with powder from the ones already made (cutting them open and using the inside and the wicks included), needless to say we kept our distance and away from anything that would actually explode around us (i.e. cars, houses, gas lines, ect).