lebonprix

Neophyte
Hi please i want to create forum in my website
is there a plugin?

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

dihep

Participant
I am not a big fan nor expert of WordPress. But I just googled this, and this page came in: https://www.wpbeginner.com/plugins/5-best-forum-plugins-for-wordpress/

Kindly check it, and let me know if it is a valid answer. If you ask me for the best, I can not give you an answer. Anyway you can wait for another answer because for sure there will be other people who actually knows the answer.

Best regards and good luck!

Maddox

Habitué
It depends on what kind of forum you want - if it's a wordpress plugin there's little choice and quite frankly they are not very good. If you go for a more versatile forum you can install it in a sub folder and create a menu link to it from wordpress. Depending on which forum you go for there may be a third party bridge between the two meaning only one login is needed for both. Your forum could be served from a different database freeing up space in your wordpress database; that's if your database allowance is limited (most shared hosts allocate 1GB for databases, though some offer more) but even so a separate database for wordpress and forum would be the best route to take.

More information would be needed about your forum preferences, your host etc to give a more detailed reply.

;)

esquire

Habitué
Having stretched Wordpress beyond limits... I'd say probably no unless it's really going to serve only as an occasional posting experience, e.g. a light support forum. IMHO, none of the plugins were worth it although some were better than others. And those aren't necessarily forums either, at least not in the traditional sense, more like Stack Exchange type QA. Figure out what you want to accomplish first and then determine which is the most appropriate tool.

haqzore

Devotee
There are lots of great wpForo sites out there.

I don't host my own, but it seems to be very capable and modern looking.

we_are_borg

Administrator
What i do not like about wordpress forums is that it does not feel something special. If you take a look at paid forums you get much more.

Woldemort

Aspirant
Bbpress lunivo plug-in is to create a forum on wordpress but it is very basic, I suggest you use a forum cms with wordpress xenforo known as

mysiteguy

Fanatic
WordPress is a great CMS. However, keep in mind that when you try to make it the Jack of all trades, it becomes the master of none. Currently, in my opinion, you're better off with dedicated forum applications and installing a bridge if accounts need to be shared.

overcast

Adherent
There is a plugin named WPForo that you can check. It's lot better than the BBPress. And also there are many other plugins too. But considering the clean layout and professional design approach of the wpforo makes their plugin worth usable on most of the brand sites.

Alfa1

Administrator
Its still miles away from Invision or xenforo Im afraid.

we_are_borg

Administrator
Well IPS can use Oauth to connect to Wordpress so that should be better then running a Wordpress Forum.