cPanel Price Increase?

davert

Enthusiast
CPanel lets you do a lot of stuff from the GUI that Webmin does not, and the organization is less confusing. It's far, far easier on the people actually running the web sites, too, for the same reason. Software updates and installation is easier. That's why I gave up on Webmin many years ago. If I did site admin full-time, it would be another story, and I wouldn't mind the command line and config file editing.

Study Force

Aspirant
CPanel lets you do a lot of stuff from the GUI that Webmin does not, and the organization is less confusing. It's far, far easier on the people actually running the web sites, too, for the same reason. Software updates and installation is easier. That's why I gave up on Webmin many years ago. If I did site admin full-time, it would be another story, and I wouldn't mind the command line and config file editing.
You should try it out now, it's a lot better than it was 5 years ago. New interface, push notifications directly through your browser, etc. It's impressive and best of all, free.

southernlady

Devotee
JonathanW
I am wading into this as I need a similar solution. Currently with LiquidWeb and in the last 24 hours, they have totally screwed the migration of my sites on my server. I've never had issues with them before but this has pushed me into looking at alternate solutions. Esp if I can either lower the price or at least come in at a comparable to my old price from Dec.

May I email you (obviously at your office) to discuss this?

JonathanW

Aspirant
JonathanW
I am wading into this as I need a similar solution. Currently with LiquidWeb and in the last 24 hours, they have totally screwed the migration of my sites on my server. I've never had issues with them before but this has pushed me into looking at alternate solutions. Esp if I can either lower the price or at least come in at a comparable to my old price from Dec.

May I email you (obviously at your office) to discuss this?
Absolutely. I'll PM you.

Joel R

Fan
I remember looking at hosting a couple of years ago and cpanel was $20 / mo. It would have been a significant chunk of my monthly expenses, more than even the software.

Joel R

Fan
Because I don't like the conglomerate that is IPS these days and XF is solid software. That's all :)
What causes you to say that? IPS is hardly a conglomerate. They're a bunch of developers just like XF, and they've been in the industry going back to the days of Ikon Board.

PoetJC

⚧ Jacquii: Chenyneh Kween ⚧
Thumbs up to JonathanW and KnownHost for the excellent experience in migrating my server over to them and getting it back up and running. I was also able to save about $30 a month on the transfer.
Wow. That was quick. Congrats.
Im thinking if migrating to KnownHost as well. Very fair vps pricing plus it looks like they're running and 30% for life of server discount!

J.

haqzore

Devotee
I was ready to go to KH based on the interactions I've seen here on TAZ... but I value the 24/7 live chat support I get with my current host too much.

Working full time/etc as many of us do, the times I need help are frequently late/weekends/etc. I've grown so used to the 24/7 live support that it's really hard for me to let go of it now.

JonathanW

Aspirant
I was ready to go to KH based on the interactions I've seen here on TAZ... but I value the 24/7 live chat support I get with my current host too much.

Working full time/etc as many of us do, the times I need help are frequently late/weekends/etc. I've grown so used to the 24/7 live support that it's really hard for me to let go of it now.
Our average ticket response time is well under 5 minutes, 24/7. It might as well be live chat.

You can keep an eye on our live monitor at https://support.knownhost.com on the left. This is a live running-average of reply times over tickets received within the past 2 hours. Very very rarely will you see this go above 5 mins and it tends to hover around 2-3 mins most of the time.

JoyFreak1

Aspirant
I only ever used cpanel to check emails and create back ups. Seemed useless for me, ended up on a vps with command line.