Suggestion Could We Add Agree/Disagree Reactions?

cheat_master30

Personally, I feel they'd add quite a bit to the site. For instance, there are quite a few times I see a thoughtful, well written post that I disagree with, but don't have anything to rate it with. Same goes with a less thought out post I do agree with; it's not good enough to get a like, but I definitely feel it'd be useful to show I agree with the point made none the less.

So yeah, could those two be added? Presumably with a green tick for 'Agree' and a red cross for 'Disagree', like on TAZ in the past/the forums I run now?

zappaDPJ

Administrator
I'd like to agree with an agree but... :D

Regardless that gets my vote!

R0binHood

Habitué
I’d like all the old ones back. There’s no space constraint with the new pop up

Kevin

Oooh, something shiny!
I'm kinda surprised that neither TH's or Xon's XF2 reactions add-on wasn't used to import & preserve the old ratings. There is even an add-on from Nixfifty floating around to import the old XF1 Post Ratings directly as XF2 Reactions.

TLChris

Administrator
It takes time, which I've already mentioned previously. However, I'm working on this now, and the importing etc.

All of this will be coming back.

TLChris

Administrator
Just an update, some of the pixel mapping seems to be off...so another thing to work on.

R0binHood

Habitué
Can we get the old ratings but using updated graphics?

The old graphics are tiny tap targets on mobile and we've lost the nice tooltip pop up on desktop now too, when hovering from one to the next. Even on desktop they're super tiny too.

JoyPixels 5.0 is already included with XF. Here's some suggestions:

Useful - Wrench:
1578778910319.png

Informative - Information
1578778946591.png

Agree - Check Mark
1578778983874.png

Like - The default blue XF2 one, or a normal thumbs up
1578779127193.png 1578779079512.png

Love - The default XF2 Heart Eyes (or a heart)
1578779218017.png1578779236698.png

Funny - The default XF2 laugh
1578779377532.png

Winner - glowing star or medal
1578779541198.png1578779558416.png

...more to come but I hit the 10 attachment limit per post...

Last edited:

Kevin

Oooh, something shiny!
It takes time, which I've already mentioned previously.
I don't know if this little bit of passive-aggressive was aimed at me :cautious: but, you know, on a site like this you should just assume that a lot of us have also done major migrations and are fully aware of what is involved. :2cents:

TLChris

Administrator
I don't know if this little bit of passive-aggressive was aimed at me :cautious: but, you know, on a site like this you should just assume that a lot of us have also done major migrations and are fully aware of what is involved. :2cents:
Not directed to you or being passive. Apologies if it came across as that.

sbjsbj

Fan
I think useful and informative are basically the same thing. I would ditch "useful".
Also appreciation is missing, which would be the same as "love" probably.

R0binHood

Habitué
I disagree. A lot of posts might be informative, but I don't necessarily find them useful.

sbjsbj

Fan
I disagree. A lot of posts might be informative, but I don't necessarily find them useful.
Technically speaking, any information is useful. Something can't be informative and at the same time not be useful. Because then it wouldn't have been informative in first place.

But I do understand now what your point is. You want to emphasize if the given information is relevant to you personally, then it becomes useful to you. But as I said, in general, every kind of informative thing is useful without exception. But it doesn't mean all of them is relevant to you, which you want to express with "useful". Well, alright, I see the angle but another wording would have been better I think.

zappaDPJ

Administrator
It's going to be impossible to please everyone because we will have differing views. Personally I'd prefer that all the images came from the same pen so to speak because I prefer consistency but then again I'm just one voice in the crowd :)

Alfa1

Administrator
It would be good to get more contrast between the icons and the icon background. On my screen, the thumb on the agree icon is hard to see due to the lack of contrast.

Last edited:

R0binHood

Habitué
I tried increasing the size of the reaction graphics locally, and one in particular for some reason grew exponentially larger than all the rest, expressing my feelings for the state of the new 3rd party reactions panel overall at this point in time.

1579213540484.png