WooCommerce Combining WooCommerce with XenForo or IPS?

Alpha1

Administrator
I'd like to setup a WooCommerce site combined with a good forum script. There do not seem to be any good forum plugins. So I'm considering to use XenForo or IPS for it.

Does anyone have experience with this?
I know there are two WP bridges for xenforo:

Themehouse has one for WordPress, which is combined with a forum theme. I don't want to be stuck with a forum theme for WooCommerce as this seems to spell trouble. I dont know if it would work for WooCommerce.

ForumCube seems to have a WP bridge. I'm not sure if this works well with WooCommerce.

IPS has a WordPress connector. Does anyone have experience or information about tying that to WooCommerce?

we_are_borg

Administrator
Wordpress can be a OAuth 2.0 server and if i am not mistaken a client, IPS can either be client or server so you would have a SSO. Xenforo does not have OAuth 2.0 so that would mean running a bridge that needs updates everytime. In that case IPS should work faster and more stable.

we_are_borg

Administrator
P.s. Does it need to be Woocommerce, Prestashop also has OAuth so with IPS it should work if IPS is OAuth server.

• Admin

Alpha1

Administrator
Yes, it needs to be WooCommerce. No Prestashop.

we_are_borg

Administrator
Well Oauth with Wordpress and IPS is the easiest solution. They still haven’t implemented your request you made about SSO at Xenforo. A bridge can work but if something gets updated chances are that the bridge stops working.

Joel R

Fan
Invision Community has oAuth with WordPress. There's also a full WordPress SSO available in the Marketplace.