Chat Support on URL or Website

Rj_Rossi

Neophyte
I have been using chat services for my website which is plainly for e-commerce. A lot has happened lately and is increasing my sales volume day by day around 3-5% in the first week and I noticed results for my sales have escalated up to 8-15% in the past 2 weeks. Is there anyone else using Live chat services for their websites? If so, are you also seeing positive results? I would love to read or hear about your results. Please do not hesitate in hitting a comment. :)

PeterH

Participant
My friend is using Live chat services for his website, I heard the same from him and I think that is useful for increasing sales volume.

Ash

Participant
I don't have an e-commerce site but it is not a surprise that your sales have increased after setting up a live chat system. Live chat allows your users to get help instantly instead of having to wait. If you didn't and a user came up with a problem, they might be lazy and just try and find another site to buy the same product from.

1claire

Aspirant
I think a lot of e-Commerce website do use chat support, and it is a good thing as a customer can talk to a representative to acknowledge their concern.

R0binHood

Habitué
Best value - Tawk.to - it's free, and it's good, I use it.
Most polished and capable - Intercom, but expensive.

El8482

Neophyte
I am only beginner in all this web designs staff. will I be able to set up this live chat by myself or i need smb?

R0binHood

Habitué
Most of these companies have good instructions you can follow in the help sections to add the relevant code to your web page yourself.

If your using wordpress some have wrapped them all up nicely into plugins you can download from the plugin repository.

El8482

Neophyte
Thanks. I definitely will try... at least...it is worth to save some money :)

R0binHood

Habitué
I like LiveAgent

I've been using live agent as a customer of a company I frequently have to get quotes from recently and as a whole, I adore live chat for this very reason compared to email. I'm guranteed a quick reply. But as a returning customer, who speaks to multiple people resulting in conversations with information I need to reference I'm not keen on Live Agent at all.

When the chat ends you lose all the data. I find it buggy sometimes when I change page. Sometimes I lose connection with the agent and I end up with a different agent. I have to disable Ghostery and uBlock to get it to work. It gets very frustrating.

I've never had this when I use Intercom. And with Intercom all my chat history with various agents are always there when I return to the site so I can pick up where I left off, which is incredibly useful, especially if I have to switch from mobile to desktop and vice versa, and makes it a million times better IMO if you plan to talk to a customer more than once.

overcast

Adherent
I have one friend who offers online support through support ticket type of the website. And for him it works better and has more customer centric documentation trail which his business it is required.

MyLead

Aspirant
Live chat is the feature which is increasing conversation a lot. Someone can feel like typing with real people means, that is important for the customer. That kind of games always feels good.